**NEW** DSUCPv2.5 Release **NEW**

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: **NEW** DSUCPv2.5 Release **NEW**

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:12 pm

I haven't added Justagai Combat Mission Patch (it's not a hook) as I'm not sure if it's 100% working correctly, you even say so yourself and I quote

"since I got it working"

Does this mean you had to tweak it or add or change something yourself?

I'll add it as a option to just the DSUCP if it's 100% working correctly, can you or Justagai guarantee it working correctly??
Perhaps all that would be needed is an installer to read the physical disk, GOG, or Steam folders for the X-Wing, TIE Fighter, or XvT folders and convert relevant audio files to XWA and input them to the folder structure relative to the combat mission's functionality towards this end.
This is basically what my TFTC installer has done for the past 7 years, but I haven't been able to release the TFTC as I don't have any fully working missions for it, which make it pointless. I've been waiting on Bman for longer than 7 year to send me a fully functional set of the TIE Fighter missions but I guess it's just a dream these days.

The TFTC1.0 was I think? released in 2005, the earliest installer I have is dated 2007 so I've been waiting since then for the updated missions

So this is how I feel about that :kopfwand: :kopfwand: :kopfwand: :kopfwand: :kopfwand: :kopfwand:

So If you working on converting the TIE Fighter missions I have an installer practically ready to go, baring a few tweaks dues to the new Hooks and stuff.

The Luxury Yacht I could have 3 options
1. the Default Luxury Yacht (No Weapons)
2. an Armed Luxury Yacht (with Weapons)
3 The Lady Luck (With Weapons)

This way you would have the default description for a non armed and armed version plus an option for the lady luck,
there would be no difference in file size as it uses the same opt

Would that suffice?

If you or Justagai can get back to me on the operational success of the Combat Mission Patch I would be grateful
Oh and could I change the file names to lower case without any problems?

Hold on a minute
Non of the Missions have the New Backdrop applied to them, do the missions work correctly without the new backdrop applied, the default backdrop I supposes will be used but isn't it magnified or something???

Perhaps you can answer these questions
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Yeah the missions work fine as is. At least the one(s) I've tested thus far.

If the HD backdrops aren't in the mission the default starfield is shown. All other dats appear as normal. I have been adding in the HD backdrops as I go along. At this point, all I'm doing is working on the training missions since I have very little time to dedicate, but have felt the need to tinker around with the old files. Some adjustment is required, but thus far very little has been necessary, that said I haven't started working on the missions that add missiles or shields to the TF/TI, and obviously the opts will need to have hardpoints added at that point and then set to override the defaults via text file at that point. I'm also modifying hangars from existing opts that are utilized in said updated missions, so that slows the progress further. I'll keep you posted, but it's going to take a while to make substantial progress.

I had issues the last install of the Combat Missions patch, but I suspect it was a user error since I've had zero issues since the latest DSUCP version, and I had previously heavily modified the game so I was unable to narrow down the problem. The only issue as I see the patch having, is that if you click the combat mission button a third time, ie after cycling into the racing mission, it crashes the game. If you click on new skirmish mission, it defaults to the regular skirmish, and you can cycle back through with the combat mission button again.

It's a known issue, and may be fixed (obviously cant speak for justagai) at some point. But it's a minor one in my opinion, the functionality otherwise I haven't been able to find issue with.

Changing the mission files to lower case shouldn't be an issue, but the .lst file provided may need edited to reflect the changes (but I doubt it).

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:01 am

I don't think I will be adding the Combat Patch to the DSUCP, I followed the instructions, patched the exe

Just tried test it, some of the buttons are messed up and when trying to enter a mission it just crashed

It has issues, it's got to be some of the offsets are wrong, where did he get his info to find out what offsets to change?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:36 pm

No idea where he got the offsets (I'm not a programmer at all), but at least he's on the right track towards a significant addition in functionality.

Obviously there is some refinement needed before it's "perfect", and I haven't had any issues with crashing. Perhaps check your folder structure.
The provided folders in the 1.1 version need to be in the main XWA folder. It's probably trying to load a mission and not detecting one, so crashing; but I speculate. I had issues with the prior version that I've not had with the 1.1 update after a fresh install of DSUCP+Combat Patch.

However, the function works fine on my end. I'll admit that the UI isn't 100% pretty at the moment. And, interestingly enough racing mode only shows up as an option once you get to the first prologue mission.

In my opinion graphically it's a minor detracting factor in my opinion, given the functionality that it adds to the game regarding custom missions/campaigns, it's made my mission tinkering magnitudes more efficient what with less animations to go through, a simple point and click interface, and I don't even have to close out the game to tab between AlliED, Jeremy's Hangarmap editor, and re-loading the mission.

That said, the DSUCP is your baby, and you have the say on what makes it into each version, there's no argument there from me. I will say however, I appreciate you at least looking into the patch, and being open to suggestions in general.

Hopefully Justagai can work out the remaining kinks with his patch to a level you'd feel comfortable with including at some point though, because it really adds functionality that should have been included in the game in the first place that really make playing custom missions much more simple, and enables multiplayer options that otherwise are not available, or user friendly without the mod.

Given how easy it is to mess up installing hooks and ships into XWA for the average/casual XWA user, there would be less issues if all the significant patches were included into one package, and would give a basis for less issues with version mismatch in regards to multiplayer, and problems related to strings, and botched installs. I myself over the years have used the DSUCP for that basis of stability with the people I've played with.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Rookie_One1 wrote:Nice :)

Small things (not urgent, can wait for next update), the correllian gunship name is wrong, full name is the DP20 frigate according to wookiepedia (although for pratical reason, you could use DP20 Corellian Gunship instead)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DP20_frigate
I know this is a subtlety, but I agree with Darksaber.
The Corellian Gunship is only 120 meters long and has the general stats of a corvette, so calling it "frigate" is inappropriate.
DP20 Corellian Gunship is ok.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Frigate is also used for the c70 retrofit version of the consular-class cruiser, similar craft to the Correlliain gunship. I do personally like the idea of having a standard nomenclature for the ID of craft in XWA as it reflects the idea of targeting computes. One problem that does arise is the fact that different factions would Have different nomenclatures so the standard nomenclature for the Rebels targeting computers would be different to the standard nomenclature say for imperial targeting computers!

I would like to just say again. Thankyou darksaber, MDT and general traegon and Jeremyfr, thankyou so much for keeping modding this game. I’ve loved it from day dot and it seems that finally it is becoming the game it always should have been. I am rubbish at opting (only editing the darksabes y-wing and mtd y-wingb and the arc-170 to have turrets, purely for personal use). I would like to volunteer my services either writing campaign missions for mtd’s Unicorn Squadron or to come up with a standard nomenclature for dsucp or/and unicorn squadron or even an additional one for a new version of tftc. Anyway thanks again, Word

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:14 am

baggy101 wrote:Frigate is also used for the c70 retrofit version of the consular-class cruiser, similar craft to the Correlliain gunship. I do personally like the idea of having a standard nomenclature for the ID of craft in XWA as it reflects the idea of targeting computes. One problem that does arise is the fact that different factions would Have different nomenclatures so the standard nomenclature for the Rebels targeting computers would be different to the standard nomenclature say for imperial targeting computers!
This is an interesting observation: the nomenclature for the targeting computers depends on the faction.

I would point out that it depends on the historical era too: the Charger C70 is classified as a frigate during the Clone Wars, but it's a mere corvette for the standards of the Galactic Civil War, when starships with much more firepower and shielding are available.
Of course this is not a rule. Take the Munificent-class frigate for example: it still has more firepower and it's also bigger than a Nebulon B frigate.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:17 am

Working on it mate. Unpatched my .exe then applied Jermey's new runtime .dll's and installed v2.5 release. Now things are out of alignment. Adjusting and tweaking, .dat files etc. Battle 5 soon.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 pm

I wish I had known about this thread sooner. I've been looking into some of the issues addressed with my patch and I will update you folks as well. Hold off from adding it to the DSUCP until I fix them which should be soon.

Lenzar
Recruit

Post by Lenzar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:54 pm

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, but I can't seem to switch to a turret in anything other than the YT-1300, YT-2000 or Falcon.

Did I misunderstand what the turret hook does or have I missed something?

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:37 pm

The turret has to be enabled on a per-ship basis, the opt itself needs a gunner hardpoint assigned to it as well.

If the turret is set to 317, it will use the default Corellian Transport gunwell, otherwise if you set it to say, slot 35 and you have a custom gunwell setup for that slot, it will utilize that model instead of the default.

Setting the slot to 0 will disable the turret functionality.

You can set this in MxVTED.

The YT1300, Falcon, 2000, and 2400 should have working turrets, and I believe the Muurian Transport as well, but then again I may have modified it on my end and have forgotten. Nothing else at this point has been updated to have turrets to the best of my knowledge.

Lenzar
Recruit

Post by Lenzar » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:03 pm

Ok. Going away from turrets.

Is there a list of custom missions that have been made with the DSUCP?

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 am

I don't mean to be a buzzkill again, but I've noticed that the last Octuple barbette turbolaser on the port side of the Imperial I and Imperial II Star Destroyer is always rotating. That turret also has a different color. This happens both in missions and in the simulator, therefore it cannot be a mission bug.
Is it a graphical bug of some sort?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:51 am

WTF is a "the last Octuple barbette turbolaser on the port side"

Speak bloody English, I'm not frigging Captain Birdseye so It's either left or right and Turbolaser or GUN is fine to describe the part your talking about.

Now please in normal English, describe what the hell your on about!
- John Lydgate

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:54 am

Looking at an ISD or an ISDII from the front, the last turbolaser turret on the right side is always rotating.
I'm talking about the 4 turbolaser turrets near the bridge tower.
I've seen I can't upload videos (.mp4), but if you wish I can upload a video on youtube and post the link here.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Now wasn't that easier to say instead of using those nautical terms, unless you've been in the Navy or into sailing the common person hasn't a clue what you where talking about, please keep it in terms we all understand lol

No need to upload a video, I understand what you saying now, you could change the mesh type, which can be done in MXvTed easily enough, If you want to stop them rotation

1. open MXvTed
2. goto slot 139 (ISD) or 150 (ISDII)
3. click on the Opt Tab
4. You will see Opt Information
5. first column Mesh click on "0"
6. look below at the bottom there is a dropdown box, it should say 21. RotGunTurret
7. scroll up and click on 4. GunTurret
8. click on the button next to it "Write Mesh Type"
9. repeat steps 5. to 8. for Meshes "1" to "7"
10. repeat for the ISDII (slot 150).
- John Lydgate

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks.
Darksaber wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:24 pm
Now wasn't that easier to say instead of using those nautical terms, unless you've been in the Navy or into sailing the common person hasn't a clue what you where talking about

But you are the Fleet Admiral after all.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Mon May 14, 2018 6:15 am

Oh, Jeremy recently released a patch that stops the random rotation of the gun turret meshes, until they lock onto a target and then follows it.
I briefly tested this and it seems to work fine and is probably an easier solution.

Hi DS, could you double check to see if your DSCUPv2.5 pack installs the YwingExterior and YwingCockpit.opt files ? Maybe I messed up, but the new Ywing.opt has the original Red FG textures first instead of Gold FG. Not a problem, but I only have file versions dated 10/16/2011 for the other two and they have the Gold FG textures as the first default. The new Y-wing.opt file I have shows a modified date of 1/25/2018. Thanks.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon May 14, 2018 7:22 am

Bman wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:15 am
Oh, Jeremy recently released a patch that stops the random rotation of the gun turret meshes, until they lock onto a target and then follows it.
I briefly tested this and it seems to work fine and is probably an easier solution.
Turrets following targets would be an awesome upgrade to the game.
That said, I think having the option in the installer whether to install locked turrets or rotating turrets following targets would be even more awesome.

Bman wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:15 am
Maybe I messed up, but the new Ywing.opt has the original Red FG textures first instead of Gold FG. Not a problem, but I only have file versions dated 10/16/2011 for the other two and they have the Gold FG textures as the first default. The new Y-wing.opt file I have shows a modified date of 1/25/2018. Thanks.
I have Gold default Y-Wings installed at the moment and I see these dates (modified):
Ywing.opt 1/24/2018 9:11 AM
YwingCockpit.opt 10/14/2011 10:23 PM
YwingExterior.opt 10/9/2011 3:28 PM

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Oops, I forgot to write that the dates I wrote in my previous post are valid for XWAUCP v1.5.
I haven't checked the dates in DSUCP v2.5 yet.

Sorry if this caused any confusion.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm

They are the same dates as you posted, for both DSUCPv2.5 and XWAUCPv1.5

Bman you must have selected the Red Y-Wing, if you had selected Gold then that is what would have been installed.
- John Lydgate

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Tue May 15, 2018 3:49 am

Thanks mate. I'll reinstall. I missed that part during installation. :-)

@ Mark, good news is that option is been around for a long time, and Jeremy made it better by stopping the random rotations. It's been available in BHE at least, and it depends if a given mesh is designated as a Rotating Turret Type mesh. Only the pivot point, and the Look, Up, & Right vectors have to be set correctly. Also depends on how the mesh is originally oriented and what direction the hard points are facing. Will show examples about this in near future. It's a little complex.