Current Project: Phoenix - Class Star Destroyer

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Current Project: Phoenix - Class Star Destroyer

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:21 pm

Dominator fits the KDY naming pattern better than Dominion, though I like the latter better, personally.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:28 pm

Definitely have a hangar, but keep it small for say some shuttle craft and half the usual starfighter compliment.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:39 am

3DS Max?<P>This should probably have been posted in the Pilot Lounge, since it's not directly XWAUP-related. A mod will probably move it.<P><I>Dominator</I> fits better, agreed, but isn't it already taken? I'm not sure.
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:54 am

ALT + Printscreen then CTRL + V in a graphics editor. Seriously, simple stuff. :-P<p>[ 16 September 2006: Message edited by: Tony Knightcrawler ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:12 am

Right, Dominator is the Interdictor modified ISD.
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:13 am

Which of course was done by JM already :p

SWVRoma
Galactic Empire

Post by SWVRoma » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:14 am

What Janson said.<P>Overseer-class perhaps?
Karl<BR>SWVisions Administrator<BR> <A HREF="http://www.galactic-empire.org" TARGET=_blank>www.galactic-empire.org</A>

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:54 am

Looks nice so far. Can't come up with a name that early in the morning. ;)<P>BTW, moving to Pilot's Lounge.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:12 am

KDY generally follos the -tor pattern for vessels
Corellian Browncoat

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:15 pm

Oblitorator Class? (SP?)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:02 pm

Obliterator you mean
Corellian Browncoat

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Ongoing project: prototype Star Destroyer <B>(I need a name!)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Jezz he's got the memory of a goldfish<P>Your names <B>"Jonathan_Antillies"</B><P>Write it down on a bit of paper and carry it aroud with you, or even better get some T-Shirts made up!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:04 pm

he is talking about the ship.<BR> I don't know if your being sarcastic or not, because its hard to detect sarcasm with out some form of modifyer weather a smily or like<BR>"NOOO REALY!?!?!?!?! :p"<p>[ 17 September 2006: Message edited by: darklord ]

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG

Post by WarHawkster » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:22 am

that looks like only a few hundred polies based on that picture...

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:22 am

I rather like Overseer; the other names suggested are rather over-used (or at least the ideas), but Overseer is different. :)
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:09 am

@DS, be nice, will you! ;)
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:06 am

No harm in a little sarcasm :) Jonathan_Antillies took it as a joke which it was intended to be :D<P>I have to agree with WarHawkster though, it does look like it only has a couple of hundred poly's, I can't see where you have just over 4400 poly's, only thing I can think of it that most of those poly's are on those guns!<p>[ 17 September 2006: Message edited by: Darksaber ]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:06 am

I've wanted to see a more physical name than the general "dominator" or "oppressor" or "vengeance." How about "disintegrator" or "destructor?" Or if you want to go general, you could name it "Phoenix-class" since coming near the end of the Civil War, whoever produces it would want it to bring the Empire back to power like a Phoenix from the ashes (corny I know). I'm sure Phoenix has been overused on other craft though :(<BR>BTW I think any self-respecting capital ship needs to have its own starfighter compliment. Otherwise it would need a bunch of supporting vessels to haul around its defenses, and while it is normal for capital ships to be supported by a task force, I would think something so massive would be able to defend itself.<p>[ 18 September 2006: Message edited by: Leofus ]

Gnoizic
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gnoizic » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leofus:<BR>[QB] Or if you want to go general, you could name it "Phoenix-class" since coming near the end of the Civil War, whoever produces it would want it to bring the Empire back to power like a Phoenix from the ashes (corny I know). I'm sure Phoenix has been overused on other craft though :(<BR>[QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree with making it the Phoenix-class Star Destroyer for one reason: Phoenix is the name of my English class, and it incites fear in any one who hears its dreaded name ;) <BR>-Gnoiz<p>[ 18 September 2006: Message edited by: Gnoizic ]
-The random kid floating in the forums, giving useless advice

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:16 am

Devistator works...
Corellian Browncoat

Rene
Recruit

Post by Rene » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:11 pm

I'm a little late for the naming of the ship but from the description and the picture it looks to me like a Allegiance class star destroyer. It would even make it semi-canon since it apears in the Dark empire comic.<P>follow the link at the technical commentaries for their description and some pics.<P><A HREF="http://www.theforce.net/swtc/dagger.html#allegiance" TARGET=_blank>alliange class star destroyer.</A>

OOM-911
Ensign

Post by OOM-911 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:47 pm

actwilly didn't the alleggiance have more decks not to meantion twelve 8 barreled guns?<P>and i thought devistator had 8 gun turrets since it was a isd MK I (whitch we already have)<P>personaly i think that the lower polys might be really good. if you can bring out a lot of deatail threw textures.<P>if you havent made the hanger or bottom bubble for the reactor you could very well turn this into the tector class star destroyer<P>if you have all i can think of is prototype imperator class star destroyer

Gnoizic
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gnoizic » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:30 am

ehhh just give it a fun paint job, mess with the turret positioning and call it whateva ;) jk, you mite wanna stick with the experts...<BR>-Gnoiz
-The random kid floating in the forums, giving useless advice