Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Fun fact: The explanation that Tarkin didn't send TIEs out of arrogance actually comes from the WEG RPG. So by your logic, you shouldn't accept that rationalization. The must movie stand on its own, after all, no?

And you're using a double standard for ESB too. We know most of the rebels got away, because the Rebel Alliance is still a thing at the end of the movie. Also, we see TIE Bombers hammering the asteroids. Why bother with AT-ATs slowly crawling towards the shield generator when you can just use TIE Bombers to clear it?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:52 pm

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG

Post by WarHawkster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Jaeven wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:51 pm
Fun fact: The explanation that Tarkin didn't send TIEs out of arrogance actually comes from the WEG RPG. So by your logic, you shouldn't accept that rationalization. The must movie stand on its own, after all, no?

And you're using a double standard for ESB too. We know most of the rebels got away, because the Rebel Alliance is still a thing at the end of the movie. Also, we see TIE Bombers hammering the asteroids. Why bother with AT-ATs slowly crawling towards the shield generator when you can just use TIE Bombers to clear it?
I never read WEG RPG, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t remember seeing any Mon Calamari cruisers, or any rebel capital ships at hoth.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:58 pm

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:02 pm

WarHawkster wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:55 pm
Jaeven wrote:

I never read WEG RPG, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t remember seeing any Mon Calamari cruisers, or any rebel capital ships at hoth.
No, but the movie never tells us Tarkin didn't send out TIEs because of arrogance. You're using an explanation that came from WEG RPG, because someone had to figure out why the Rebels didn't get instant wiped by waves of TIEs.

As for Mon Calamari cruisers, I'd love to use an example from Ep9 to explain faults in Ep8, but y'know, we'll have to wait until 2019 for that.

At least DS is having a blast :D :D

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:05 pm

- John Lydgate

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:06 pm

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG

Post by WarHawkster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Jaeven wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:02 pm
WarHawkster wrote:
Jaeven wrote:

No, but the movie never tells us Tarkin didn't send out TIEs because of arrogance. You're using an explanation that came from WEG RPG, because someone had to figure out why the Rebels didn't get instant wiped by waves of TIEs.

As for Mon Calamari cruisers, I'd love to use an example from Ep9 to explain faults in Ep8, but y'know, we'll have to wait until 2019 for that.

My explanation comes straight from watching the movie, and correctly interpreting the events. Your point was that I stole it from some book, and thus I’m a hypocrite. This is also not an actual argument, it’s the tu quoque fallacy. Whether or not I’m a hypocrite has no bearing on the strength of the arguments I have presented.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:24 pm

- John Lydgate

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG

Post by WarHawkster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Prediction: they will turn Han into a bumbling buffoon in Solo, who is dressed down at every opportunity by the GoT lady. Han will say “I love you” and she will say “I know” back, dumping a giant turd on ESB. Because no man can be original, it has to be stolen from a women.

Gender equality was done well in BSG, a show that could never be made today, because it featured strong males in lead roles.

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Yeah sounds about par for the course

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:14 pm

WarHawkster wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:20 pm
Jaeven wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:02 pm
WarHawkster wrote:

My explanation comes straight from watching the movie, and correctly interpreting the events. Your point was that I stole it from some book, and thus I’m a hypocrite. This is also not an actual argument, it’s the tu quoque fallacy. Whether or not I’m a hypocrite has no bearing on the strength of the arguments I have presented.
I accept your surrender.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:34 pm

From what I see, it’s true that even Star Trek goes in this section.
Admiral Darksaber, you really are a genius!
Even if much slower than hyperdrive, warp propulsion used by Galaxy-class Enterprise is the best choice when it comes to micro jumping part of the fleet.
Last edited by Mark_Farlander on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm

^^^^^ See what I did there? ^^^^^

- John Lydgate

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:29 pm

Well I have to say I'm not sure which thread is more controversial, this one, or the rebel platform release thread.

Either way, I haven't seen this forum so active in years.

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG

Post by WarHawkster » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:14 am

You’re welcome.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:40 am

The Galactic Civil War is raging on the XWAU Boards.

Warhawkster needs to join the Rebel Alliance group to make this truly authentic though.

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG

Post by WarHawkster » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:39 am

Sheev Palpatine is my Emperor.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:05 am

See thats why I didn‘t bother trying to contradict your(or other ppl‘s) points, I‘m having too much fun watching you fanboys duke it out.

@Darksaber
3952F145-9902-4640-8D05-975B23D59484.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:59 pm

- John Lydgate