Mandal Motors (Hutt Fighters) mega-post

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Mandal Motors (Hutt Fighters) mega-post

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 pm

Dunelizard .shp has been updated to have correct cockpit POV.

All crashing issues are resolved provided one has the Rebel Platform XWAU opt installed containing JeremyFR's Opt limit fix (increased vertice count to 4096 from 512 per mesh)

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:38 pm

And another addition to the Hutt fleet!
Screenshot 2019-03-22 16.20.51.png
Screenshot 2019-03-22 16.21.24.png
Download it at my page.
The largest of MandalMotors line of space combat vessels, the M22-T Krayt Gunship, true to its namesake the krayt dragon, was a behemoth on the battlefield.
Although it had a small crew of only two, a pilot and a gunner, it could still lay down an impressive amount of firepower. Obviously slower than its counterparts, such as the Scyk and Dunelizard, it was nonetheless well-received, like most MandalMotors designs. Several of its cover panels had no purpose besides pure aesthetics.
M-22T was originally commissioned by Jabba Desilijic Tiure as a command ship for his lieutenants. MandalMotors produced many more such gunships as a special order for valued clients. It was so heavily armed and armored, that it attracted attention of the Galactic Empire.[1]
The M22-T Krayt gunship appeared in the video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011.
FYI, in case any issues are reported with the turret functions in any way, remember this ship must be set as shuttle/transport (same as TIE aggressor) to behave correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:45 am

Nice. Thanks
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:04 am

Nice

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:55 am

Nice craft. Just 1 question: how many warheads does it carry? In the screenshot the warhead count is 9:9, whereas according to Lords of Nal Hutta it only carries 16 concussion missiles total ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/M22-T_Krayt_gunship ). That screenshot was taken in skirmish mode, therefore the warhead count was surely not affected by the "Double Warheads" status.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:07 am

I have another question about weaponry: I see 4 red laser cannon indicators in that screenshot and a turret, whereas according to Lords of Nal Hutta, the source reported in Wookieepedia, the M22-T Krayt gunship has 2 laser cannons and 3 ion cannons; what was the weaponry of the M22-T Krayt gunship in Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed?
Unfortunately I never played Star Wars Galaxies.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:46 pm

The gunship as all ships in galaxies had variable weapon hardpoints. You could have mining lasers installed if you wanted that in combat are about as effective as spitting on a star destroyer.

The three in cannons doesnt even make sense, unless I'm forgetting a third cannon placement, as there are as far as I can remember no other visible hardpoints beyond the additional turret.

I'm using some creative license with some of my swg ships due to gameplay 1:1 issues out of necessity.

I may add ions, but at this time I'm not sure where I'd put them. Maybe one of the systems operates as a variable system, I dunno. Give me some game balance feedback as is, both as player and versus on a mission basis and get me some data to work with to see if there is much benefi to make changes.

I'm not basing anything off of a book or comic series I've not read, and I'm trying to stick closer to Dwg function.