Imperial Cargo Transport IV

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Imperial Cargo Transport IV

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 am

Screenshot 2018-03-10 23.33.05.png
Download

FYI There is a bug with the SHP files for some reason, you are going to want to verify that they put the stats as displayed in the supplied screenshot. If they don't you will need to manually update the shields and hull rating, as well as make sure it is classed appropriately.

I have included two versions of the ship, one with containers and one without. A third opt including just the containers is available in the event you want to test the unloaded ship with the ingame towing functionality. I haven't been able to get it to work myself in a mission, but then I've not used that feature in missions before. I would appreciate it if somebody could see if it could be made to work, as that option makes the most sense rather than having two separate opts installed. And a small note, regarding the towing functionality in skirmish, it does work with the player craft, however the containers are not centered properly and I also have not been able to resolve it.

Slots 101, and 102 respectively are taken up by these freighters.

No SHP for the containers has been provided at this point since I cannot get them to work as I desire at the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:39 am

So many new opts...and I'm far away from my pc... :kopfwand:
Great work!

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:07 am

Nice. :thumbs:

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm

You're a god :D

Curiously, with this and DTM's works, I don't think we're missing many ships from the Rebels series. Which is excellent :D

Edit: I actually need to praise this release even more. I love that you provided separate opts for the containers themselves, an empty Cargo Transport and one hauling containers. Thanks a lot :)

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:53 pm

DTM wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:39 am
So many new opts...and I'm far away from my pc... :kopfwand:
Great work!
Literally did this one with you in mind.

Warb had it up for grabs and I knew it was meant to be.

Fun fact, the ship has around 10k vertices, containers has around 8k. The real shocker is that the original container models alone were 25k polies. I spent about 4 hours cutting and re arranging, I also unfortunately did not plan it out very well initially as the containers were individually placed for the EAW model (ridiculous amount of detail) and wouldn't you know I forgot to convert the textures to png from dds on each crate :( ironically if I did it before copying the containers I would have had to convert textures 3 times. Lol.

Not a god, just found some good sources of "free use" material and some time to learn how this stuff works to a degree enough to be functional. But i appreciate the compliment nonetheless.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Dude you're utterly on fire! Awesome job on all those new releases!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:32 pm

DTM wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:44 pm
I've tested your crafts...and I found some problems :(
Here is my first report:

- Imperial Cargo Transport: XWA crashes when laser hits :(
Can anybody else confirm this? The vertex count should be within the 4092 limit of the opt vertex count limit increase patch after going through all the meshes and looking at the vertex count.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:41 am

I have confirmed this crash, but am unsure of the cause as I have the opt vertex limit patch installed, so it shouldn't be e vertex count theoretically.

I've even reinstalled the opt vertex limit patch and once the craft explodes the game crashes still.

Any suggestions of the cause of this?

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:01 am

Went through the same process as the Raider Corvette's fix.

It appears to be working thus far.

Just as a reminder, if you do not have the Opt Vertex limit hook you'll crash due to a mesh being over 512 maximum.

I'll be updating the model (when I have time) for those who do not have it yet, but realistically fellas, it's the future standard so it's a low priority on my list of to-dos right now.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Works without problem now.

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Very cool!