Blown away

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Blown away

Amiral Ace
Recruit

Post by Amiral Ace » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am

Hey pilots,

Totally blown away by the liveliness of this project - just came back here by pure chance and noticed you had recent news and updates going on. I registered here a long, long time ago when StarLord and I revealed our multiplayer solo XWA campaign package. Feeling a bit nostalgic... I haven't touched XWA for ages but I'll definitely try on your patch one of these days!

Cheers -

Ace
Ace, AlliED multiplayer missions creator

squarehead93
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:11 am

Bumpty bump, please be gentle mods :ops:

I couldn't agree more. When I joined this community circa 2007/2008 I felt like a "new" guy given how far back some people's history here goes all the way back to previous X-Wing games and chatboards. I hardly ever post here anymore but I decided to pay this place a visit today and was pleasantly surprised to find that 10 years after I joined, these forums are still active and the dedicated shipwrights of XWAU are still hard at work.

I would have expected to come back and find this place on life support by now at best, but here we are. Cheers to all you magnificent bastards.
Wielder of The Spatula

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 am

It's amazing to see how far this project has gone and how many contributors from all the edges of the Galaxy are improving the game experience.
And above all, different aspects of the game have been analyzed. I found these ones are the most innovative:
1) Mission conversion to play X-Wing and TIE Fighter missions with X-Wing Alliance updated graphics (Waylon's Mod)
2) Campaign single player missions available for multiplayer to compensate the poor XWA multiplayer experience (Justagai's Tour Multiplayer Hook)
3) Deflector shield effects when taking hits from energy weapons such as turbo lasers and ion cannons (Kiarand's New effects)

Live long and prosper, X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project
Hope there are no Star Trek haters around here :lachtot:

Epsilon Eridani
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Epsilon Eridani » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 am

I was also very impressed by the white sparks on the hull when a starship gets hit by an energy weapon shot.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 am

They are taken from Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back, where a T-47 airspeeder of the Alliance hit an AT-AT with laser cannons during the Battle of Hoth.