Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Moderators: Darksaber, General_Trageton, K_Kinnison

Re: Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

User avatar
Jaeven
Ensign
Galactic Empire
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:18 am

Post by Jaeven » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:00 am

But that would have meant they had an idea about hyperspace tracking. Sure, in old EU works they did conduct several jumps to hide the actual destination, but that was to avoid pursuit to said destination (i.e a base of operations). I'd argue Leia does exactly what you say she should have. As Finn says, they jumped into the middle of nowhere in deep space before moving to their next destination.

Now, we don't know precisely how hyperspace tracking works, but I assume as soon as the Resistance fleet escaped D'qar, the First Order knew the coordinates that the Resistance had plotted. That's the only way to explain their quick arrival.

I'm also not sure sending dispersing the forces would have been a wise choice given the knowledge they have at the time. The Resistance is already stretched thin, and sending out those forces would have left them incredibly vulnerable. Sure, in hindsight we know she made the wrong choice, but at the time the Resistance was oblivious to hyperspace tracking. In Leia's mind they were safe after they had escaped at D'qar, even if the Resistance fleet was concentrated into one giant target.

User avatar
Driftwood
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Driftwood » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 am

My theory is operating under the assumption that they don't know about hyperspace tracking. It's pretty much standard procedure to scatter when operating as a guerrilla force when confronted by a larger force you can't contend with. Similarly how the Hoth evacuation was carried out. All the ships had different destinations and only after X amount of reroutes would they eventually make it back to a rally point and regroup as a larger force.

The idea in this case is to scatter, disappear, become invisible or extremely inefficient to track by providing an overwhelming amount of smaller targets to play whack-a-mole with. Presumably some forces would be directed to carry out suicide missions as a distraction on small scale to confuse things further. The idea that keeps being preached (just watched Rogue One) in the movies especially when operating as an insurgency, is "Hope" and the rebel ideals of freedom. America's militia and active resistance pre-formation of the continental army was approximately 3% of the total population, the "idea" (also displayed at the end of EP8 with the kid w/ Rose's ring) is what drives others to fight (Cassian at age 6 eg) starts small and grows bigger with every little victory.

The fact is, long term survival in this instance contextually for the resistance is that scattering into several dozen or hundred individual cells ranging from 1-15 people would have actually been more beneficial since there is no viable way the FO could have tracked them all down especially if they kept on the move for a chunk of time before regrouping, and then doing so slowly and covertly. As it stands, they got holed up and presumably most of the resistance (if ALL the resistance was grouped together at this time, which I doubt) there's less than 25 or so people left, with a single ship. For a galactic resistance, even as small as presented in the current movies that seems unlikely. And if it is the case, they're morons to have underestimated the FO to the extent that they have given the rhetoric they've been preaching about them, the insurgency they've been leading, and should theoretically be preparing to wage war to escalating degrees.

So Leia's tactics failed if what we see onscreen is THE resistance surviving members (by large?), it's not even marginally better presuming it's "merely" a majority of the surviving senior leadership. Though, objectively since the story follows the Skywalker and new cast saga, I think we can say it's safe to assume there's a lot going on elsewhere that we probably are unaware of since "they're just not that important" and there's presumably some resistance forces that will be making an apperance in EP9.

Tuskin
Ensign
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:01 pm

Post by Tuskin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm

BattleDog wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 pm
Tuskin wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:44 am
I just don't agree with any of the complaints against the film raised here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OK - how about this.

Leia helped plan the evacuation of Hoth, so why, 30 years later, is the Resistance using tiny shuttles without shields or hyperdrives that need capital ship to carry them around?

Why is a Mon-Cal Star Crusier almost out of fuel when a real-world Nuclear Aircraft Carrier can go decades without a pitstop?

These are serious questions the film has no answer for.
I would but someone already did.

User avatar
BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:01 pm

Post by BattleDog » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Jaeven wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:53 am
BattleDog wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 pm
Tuskin wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:44 am
I just don't agree with any of the complaints against the film raised here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OK - how about this.

Leia helped plan the evacuation of Hoth, so why, 30 years later, is the Resistance using tiny shuttles without shields or hyperdrives that need capital ship to carry them around?

Why is a Mon-Cal Star Crusier almost out of fuel when a real-world Nuclear Aircraft Carrier can go decades without a pitstop?

These are serious questions the film has no answer for.
The fuel part is explained in the movie and is easily answered by common sense. A US Aircraft carrier is well stocked with supplies and connected to an established logistical network.

The Resistance is neither. We know they're not well equipped, that they don't have a lot of supplies and that they have a skeleton crew on all of their ships. The movie also tells us that the Resistance fleet rushed to D'qar after the battle for Starkiller Base, and thus did not have a full stock of supply. Likewise, the movie also tells us the Resistance didn't have time to load their fuel reserves because the First Order arrived too quickly. Finally, why would they use bigger transports when they're much more secure and safe onboard an MC85, which plenty of cargo space to carry them?

By contrast, Echo Base was the main Alliance base, so it was much better stocked. If we want to go into detail, there are serious questions there as well. When the transports launch, why doesn't the Empire send TIE Fighters to destroy them as they take off? Why do they not launch TIE Fighters to intercept them as they try to get past the Star Destroyers?

There are serious questions the film has no answer for.
Again - a US Aircraft Carrier is powered by a Nuclear reactor - it can run out of food but it cannot really run out of fuel before the youngest enlisted sailor is up for retirement.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/MC85_S ... note-ICS-0

According to Wookipedia it's still cannon that MC-Class Star Crusiers run on Fusion reactors and it even indicates that the ship has a scoop to collect ions to fuel it's reactors. The engines are ion engines too, just like everything thing else in Star Wars. So, the ship CANNOT run out of fuel. It could run our of food, breathable air, torpedoes, fighters, transports... not fuel.

Prior to Episode 8 no Star Wars ship has EVER run out of fuel in the films - not even Luke's X-Wing.

Fuel Cells in Star Wars are usually used to power planet-side equipment or fighters - so the failure to load the fuel cells could have caused the X-Wings to run out of fuel, or the transports, but not the Cruiser, because it explicitly makes it's own fuel.

In any case, you've said nothing to explain why the transports lack shields and hyperdrives when everything bigger than a TIE-Fighter - including an Z-Wing or the similarly sized ship Finn and rose use.

Also - whilst the idea of Hyperspace tracking may be new the idea of plotting a Hyperspace Vector goes back to ESB (which is where the EU gets it from).

Also - what Drfitwood said.

This film uses arbitrary, nonsensical plotting... search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

User avatar
DarHan
Cadet 1st Class
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by DarHan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Note that the Raddus WAS several decades old. It was the last cruiser built before the Military Disarmament Act went into effect, meaning that it was completed by the time of the Battle of Jakku, making it roughly 30 years old. If we consider that the New Republic never bothered to refuel it after commissioning and the Resistance could not afford to…

As for the transports, the way they’re used at the beginning of the film strongly implies they don’t have hyperdrive because that’s way beyond their purpose: transporting stuff between a planetary surface and an orbiting starship, or from one starship to a nearby one.

In short, they lack hyperdrive for the same reason that, IRL, ship's tenders like the SS Nomadic did not have ocean-going abilities.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Tuskin
Ensign
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:01 pm

Post by Tuskin » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:03 am

BattleDog wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Again - a US Aircraft Carrier is powered by a Nuclear reactor - it can run out of food but it cannot really run out of fuel before the youngest enlisted sailor is up for retirement.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/MC85_S ... note-ICS-0

According to Wookipedia it's still cannon that MC-Class Star Crusiers run on Fusion reactors and it even indicates that the ship has a scoop to collect ions to fuel it's reactors. The engines are ion engines too, just like everything thing else in Star Wars. So, the ship CANNOT run out of fuel. It could run our of food, breathable air, torpedoes, fighters, transports... not fuel.

Prior to Episode 8 no Star Wars ship has EVER run out of fuel in the films - not even Luke's X-Wing.

Fuel Cells in Star Wars are usually used to power planet-side equipment or fighters - so the failure to load the fuel cells could have caused the X-Wings to run out of fuel, or the transports, but not the Cruiser, because it explicitly makes it's own fuel.
The hyperdrive needs it's own kind of fuel. Don't you remember the plot point in Episode 1 where the Hyperdrive was leaking and needed to be repaired?
Hypermatter fuel was a thing in the EU, and is still a thing in canon. It's separate from the fuel required to power the ship itself.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hypermatter/Legends
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hypermatter

User avatar
Jaeven
Ensign
Galactic Empire
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:18 am

Post by Jaeven » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:17 am

I would also that just on top of my head I remember Phoenix squadron being dangerously low on fuel at one point, which is why they had to raid a Mining Guild Installation.

So yeah, fuel in Star Wars has always been a thing.

Rich C
Lieutenant
Posts: 834
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Rich C » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:39 am

The fuel thing is a bit silly to attack.

If you look here (0:35), doesn't that look like some refuelling has been going on?
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

User avatar
Darksaber

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)
Posts: 10321
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Darksaber » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:53 am

But remember fuel in the 70's was a lot cheaper, things have come a long way since then, fuels more expensive, these days the T70 X-wing's are probably unleaded hybrid fighters :D :D :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

User avatar
General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)
Posts: 12135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am

Alright, that's it! The next starfighter I create will be completely electro-driven. For the environment!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Modding HQ | Blue Phantom Chronicles WIki | My Steam Workshop

User avatar
BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:01 pm

Post by BattleDog » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am

DarHan wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:54 pm
Note that the Raddus WAS several decades old. It was the last cruiser built before the Military Disarmament Act went into effect, meaning that it was completed by the time of the Battle of Jakku, making it roughly 30 years old. If we consider that the New Republic never bothered to refuel it after commissioning and the Resistance could not afford to…

As for the transports, the way they’re used at the beginning of the film strongly implies they don’t have hyperdrive because that’s way beyond their purpose: transporting stuff between a planetary surface and an orbiting starship, or from one starship to a nearby one.

In short, they lack hyperdrive for the same reason that, IRL, ship's tenders like the SS Nomadic did not have ocean-going abilities.
I get that this is how the transports work in the film - but the problem is that that doesn't make sense in the context of Star Wars generally. Analogous transports like the Lambda Class Shuttle still have Hyperdrives and shields (and are quite heavily armed) because fitting a hyperdrive is relatively cheap and NOT fitting one is an effective death sentence if the mothership is destroyed.

Hell, even escape pods have low-powered hyperdrives.
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

User avatar
BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:01 pm

Post by BattleDog » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:45 am

Tuskin wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:03 am
BattleDog wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Again - a US Aircraft Carrier is powered by a Nuclear reactor - it can run out of food but it cannot really run out of fuel before the youngest enlisted sailor is up for retirement.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/MC85_S ... note-ICS-0

According to Wookipedia it's still cannon that MC-Class Star Crusiers run on Fusion reactors and it even indicates that the ship has a scoop to collect ions to fuel it's reactors. The engines are ion engines too, just like everything thing else in Star Wars. So, the ship CANNOT run out of fuel. It could run our of food, breathable air, torpedoes, fighters, transports... not fuel.

Prior to Episode 8 no Star Wars ship has EVER run out of fuel in the films - not even Luke's X-Wing.

Fuel Cells in Star Wars are usually used to power planet-side equipment or fighters - so the failure to load the fuel cells could have caused the X-Wings to run out of fuel, or the transports, but not the Cruiser, because it explicitly makes it's own fuel.
The hyperdrive needs it's own kind of fuel. Don't you remember the plot point in Episode 1 where the Hyperdrive was leaking and needed to be repaired?
Hypermatter fuel was a thing in the EU, and is still a thing in canon. It's separate from the fuel required to power the ship itself.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hypermatter/Legends
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hypermatter
Except the ships run out of fuel in realspace - not hyperspace.

Remember the Medical Frigate's ion engines cutting out?

Yeah...

Cap Ships don't run out of fuel in Star Wars unless they're damaged (and the J-type 327 Nubian royal starship isn't a Cap Ship anyway). Rian Johnson invented the fuel problem because he couldn't work out how to introduce an arbitrary time limit to Finn and Rose's pointless excursion.

That excursion would have made more sense if they'd been sent to meet Lando, of course, who had introduced hem to DJ, making his betrayal hit all the harder.

Look, I realise it's easier to pick at holes than write this stuff but some of our craziest battle thread had smaller plot holes than Episode 8.
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

User avatar
BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:01 pm

Post by BattleDog » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:46 am

General_Trageton wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am
Alright, that's it! The next starfighter I create will be completely electro-driven. For the environment!
Well, the Empire's TIE Fighters ARE solar powered.

Maybe they really are the good guys...
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

User avatar
Darksaber

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)
Posts: 10321
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2000 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by Darksaber » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:13 am

Instead of the First Order they should have been the Eco-Empire

Join the Empire and Go Green!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Rich C
Lieutenant
Posts: 834
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Rich C » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:25 pm

BattleDog wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am
Analogous transports like the Lambda Class Shuttle still have Hyperdrives and shields (and are quite heavily armed) because fitting a hyperdrive is relatively cheap and NOT fitting one is an effective death sentence if the mothership is destroyed.
The Lambda shuttle doesn't have a cheap hyperdrive, it's a class 1.0 model, typically reserved for rapid-response military use (also, as an aside, only the military model is "heavily armed", with the retail version mostly mounting blasters).

Either way, I think it's unfair to equate the two just because of their size/class. You can explain away the Resistance transports as being dedicated peacetime ship-to-surface vessels, in which case it makes sense to leave out such things for manufacturing cost reasons. The IPV-1 doesn't mount a hyperdrive as standard, either, and that's corvette-sized.

As far as shields, the Prowler and Ferret-class recon vessels in EU New Republic also eschew those, and are of similar scale, with arguably a better case for having them.

It's probably not a good idea to open up the "solar-powered TIE" can of worms. :D
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

User avatar
DarHan
Cadet 1st Class
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by DarHan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Almost every Lambda shuttle we’ve seen on-screen so far was either the property of the Galaxy’s best-funded military, or was stolen from said military. I wouldn’t consider them the standard for he galaxy a large, for the same reason I wouldn’t consider the US or Russian armed forces’ cargo planes as the standard for all airplanes.

Besides, I’d like to point out the difference between “we haven’t seen it happen before” and “we’ve seen before that it shouldn’t happen”. The introduction of telekinesis as a Force power in TESB, for example, counts as a case of the former.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

User avatar
BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:01 pm

Post by BattleDog » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:57 pm

The Basic point pertains - it's a transport on a military ship, it's presumably surplus like everything else the Resistance has.

Why did the Republic employ transports with no defences and no hyperdrive?

It just doesn't make a lot of sense - though it's not as dumb as a Crusier running out of sublight fuel.
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

Tuskin
Ensign
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:01 pm

Post by Tuskin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:08 am

BattleDog wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:45 am
Tuskin wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:03 am
BattleDog wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Again - a US Aircraft Carrier is powered by a Nuclear reactor - it can run out of food but it cannot really run out of fuel before the youngest enlisted sailor is up for retirement.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/MC85_S ... note-ICS-0

According to Wookipedia it's still cannon that MC-Class Star Crusiers run on Fusion reactors and it even indicates that the ship has a scoop to collect ions to fuel it's reactors. The engines are ion engines too, just like everything thing else in Star Wars. So, the ship CANNOT run out of fuel. It could run our of food, breathable air, torpedoes, fighters, transports... not fuel.

Prior to Episode 8 no Star Wars ship has EVER run out of fuel in the films - not even Luke's X-Wing.

Fuel Cells in Star Wars are usually used to power planet-side equipment or fighters - so the failure to load the fuel cells could have caused the X-Wings to run out of fuel, or the transports, but not the Cruiser, because it explicitly makes it's own fuel.
The hyperdrive needs it's own kind of fuel. Don't you remember the plot point in Episode 1 where the Hyperdrive was leaking and needed to be repaired?
Hypermatter fuel was a thing in the EU, and is still a thing in canon. It's separate from the fuel required to power the ship itself.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hypermatter/Legends
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hypermatter
Except the ships run out of fuel in realspace - not hyperspace.

Remember the Medical Frigate's ion engines cutting out?

Yeah...

Cap Ships don't run out of fuel in Star Wars unless they're damaged (and the J-type 327 Nubian royal starship isn't a Cap Ship anyway). Rian Johnson invented the fuel problem because he couldn't work out how to introduce an arbitrary time limit to Finn and Rose's pointless excursion.

That excursion would have made more sense if they'd been sent to meet Lando, of course, who had introduced hem to DJ, making his betrayal hit all the harder.

Look, I realise it's easier to pick at holes than write this stuff but some of our craziest battle thread had smaller plot holes than Episode 8.
I'm just not seeing the issue, fuel has always been a thing in Star Wars, Rian Johnson didn't just make it up. I'm just not going to respond to you anymore.

User avatar
DarHan
Cadet 1st Class
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by DarHan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:21 am

BattleDog wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:57 pm
The Basic point pertains - it's a transport on a military ship, it's presumably surplus like everything else the Resistance has.
Oooor they might be civilian transports generously offered by a sympathetic party. Like the Mon Cal civilian liners of old—except, unlike the Rebellion, the Resistance doesn’t have enough financial support to do things like convert all their ships to combat models.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Rich C
Lieutenant
Posts: 834
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Rich C » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:24 am

BattleDog wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:57 pm
Why did the Republic employ transports with no defences and no hyperdrive?
It's called an "Orbital Loadlifter", which sounds like it's a cargo vessel for taking stuff up into orbit; I don't see anywhere that it's been tied to the NR at all, just the Resistance. :?

If you meant why the Resistance use them, as others have pointed out, the Resistance is hard-up for cash, and takes whatever it can get. I would guess they were intended for ferrying base equipment, much of which Leia insisted be portable in case of another attack like on Hoth.

It's also possible that such systems simply can't be installed due to design limitations like physical space, internal heat buildup, available power from the reactor (which may not be possible to modify/replace), and so on.

The new trilogy has plenty of problems, I don't really see that this is one of them, though. :/
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Tuskin
Ensign
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:01 pm

Post by Tuskin » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:51 pm

They also had sensor cloaks. Which probably would have worked if DJ hadn't over heard the conversation between Finn and Poe.

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:01 am

Post by WarHawkster » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Forget about fuel. Why didn’t the FO just hyperspace a few star destroyers ahead of them to cut them off? Or send in a massive TIE Fighter assault? Only reason is they needed a dumb OJ Simpson ford bronco chase to maintain plot (or you know just lazy writing).

So many ways to poke holes in this movies plot. Don’t bother telling me “but warhawk! It makes sense because book xyz said this and that.” Sorry the film must stand on its own.

User avatar
Jaeven
Ensign
Galactic Empire
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:18 am

Post by Jaeven » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Oh please. Why didn't Tarkin just send out thousands of TIE Fighters to destroy 30 puny Rebel fighters? Why was the Death Star completely without escort? Why didn't TIE Fighters support the AT-ATs on Hoth? How did a blockade of ships in Episode 1 suddenly become a single ship? None of those points make sense or are explained. By your logic, those movies also can't stand on their own.

That's just on top of my head. If I could seriously be bothered I could probably name dozens more.

The answer to your question is within the movie though. Why would they waste TIE Fighters when the Resistance fleet is trapped? Everywhere they go, the First Order would follow them. In their mind, it's already over. Why deploy and waste valuable resources on something that you can just sit out?
Last edited by Jaeven on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DarHan
Cadet 1st Class
Rebel Alliance
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by DarHan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:31 pm

How did Vader fail to sense Leia’s Force sensitivity?

Why is the Kessel Run measured in parsecs?

Why didn’t the Death Star just jump out of hyperspace on the correct side of the Yavin system?

Why was jumping out of hyperspace too close to Hoth a tactical mistake?

Without a hyperdrive, how did the Falcon get to Bespin?

What really kept the Rebel fleet from jumping back out of the Endor system?

Why are the Jedi forgotten not even two decades after they were the highly visible leaders of a galactic war?

The answer to all of these questions involves either supplemental material, headcanons, or accepting a later movie’s retcon.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:01 am

Post by WarHawkster » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:35 pm

You guys just took a hard turn into whataboutism. :lol:

Regardless, none of those things exist for the sole purpose of having a B plot.

Post Reply