Hello, from an old friend.

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Hello, from an old friend.

AK1
Recruit

Post by AK1 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:32 am

Not sure how many old timers are still here, but I wanted to pop in and say hello. I saw a few familiar names in some recent threads. I joined this forum in 2001 under the name 'Ace Knight 1' when I was freshly 12 years old. Left around 2003, popped in briefly for a post or two in 2005, and haven't been back since. This place has come up in conversation for me personally a few times lately, and I thought it might be nice to swing in for old time's sake. A whole lot of life has happened since then, and yet I still remember this place fondly, pop in my XWA discs every once in a while and download the latest updates and admire the work still coming out of this region of the net, and think back to great times of youth playing this game, being a part of this community, and making the connections that I did. I recall a lot about frying pan violence, HAPPY wars, an OPT of a giant smilely face of death, Darksaber basically being the master of both humor and talent, reading Trageton's original stories, characters and world building and seeing the ship designs he'd put forth from it, being more excited about ship mods from the prequels coming out than the prequels themselves. This forum and community is from a time back when I used to really love Star Wars communities before it became the toxic battleground it is nowadays, and I'm still so thankful for the experiences I had here, and I often think back to the names and people I knew here and hope that they are doing well, hope they are as successful and happy as possible, and still pursuing their hobbies and interests with the same passionate fervor we all did back then. It brings me joy to see this website still up, see there is still updates happening, and still discussion being had.

This place (and other places in the community!) was super important to me for a time, and I still talk about it to this day in certain contexts, and so I just wanted to come in and say hey, see who is still around, and express some good feels for a lovely corner of the internet that I'm glad to see is still here. :-D

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Thu May 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Now here‘s one I haven‘t seen in ages!

Welcome back old chap! Nice to see you‘re still alive and kicking. Reading chime-ins like this brings back fond memories from more careless days.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sat May 11, 2019 1:39 am

NARG!

Welcome back.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Yea, seems like we all got older and some of us developed some really impressive talents directly useful to XWA and the community. Welcome back. I just came back in the last few years myself. My first screen name was fatmanf22 I think.
Image Image Image Image Image