Well I kind of saw this coming....

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Well I kind of saw this coming....

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:51 pm

Head over to <A HREF="http://www.darksaber.freeserve.co.uk/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.darksaber.freeserve.co.uk/</A> Well Darksaber beleive me I understand, well it's been a blast with the good and the bad.. but mainly it's been all <B> Good </B> with you.. Thanks for being <B> You </B> I respect a person who give's me a straight answer... no <B> Bullshit </B> you may like him or not, but he did give us good TIE's and there's a lot to choose from, plus the other great ships.. also he has the best XWA community website, period! He said what was on his mind. I respect a person like that, and there were times I did'nt agree with him (but the respect was there... :) )<P> I will download everything again and burn it to Disk. Thanks again... You will be missed!! Well at least my me....<P>Sincerely, rogue518<p>[ 04 January 2003: Message edited by: rogue518 ]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:11 pm

So long, ol' chap. I'm not gonna download anything cause I don't play XWA anymore, but it's been good and I liked seeing your ships.
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:22 pm

I'll definitely download everything I can, a might test for my dial-up connection... :) It would be an offense not to, DS is one of the best, if not the best, around here. I'll miss his work but I see his point.
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:33 pm

I think he said hes just stopped making OPTs but hes gonna hang around here... . I think
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:35 pm

I never deleted any thing I downloaded last time this happened. ;)<P>But guess I will download it again, just to make sure. And I have a burner this time, so same here.
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:30 pm

AO's right. He did point out that he wasa not gonna close the site unless freeserve 'pulls the plug' AND that he stillw ould be present from time to time.<P>Nevertheless, it's surely sad that he has made this grave decision. However, I wanna thank you, Darksaber, for all the great work you have done for the XWA-Community. This community has already suffered several dark hours, and sometimes it looked like you were gone for good. But then again, a few days, weeks or months later you came out with another breath-taking OPT. <P>I really can say that you inspired me. Even now, your work drives me to want to become as good as you are.<P>Thank you!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

GreenePhenoix
Recruit

Post by GreenePhenoix » Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:36 pm

Just came onto the XWA scene, hoping to see the whole game finished in updated graphics. Darksaber's site was one of THE best around!!! So much to download! Really, with the loss of Darksaber does this put the whole XWAUpgade project in jepordy? I hope not. See ya Saber even those that just joined the community will miss you! :(
"The GREAT DARTH VADER was a sick man in an iron mask! Yes, that mask inspired terror throughout the galaxy, but the feeble heart within was forever posessed by the IMPOTENT side of the force!<P>You can be far stronger than he was!"

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:28 pm

[IMO]The entire place basically died after the first time he left... or stopped doing what he does, rather. I'd say that now that he's done for good, the Ol' place has a couple of months of life left.[/IMO]
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:00 am

True, everyone is leaving.<P>Well, DS, if you do come back and read this, then goodbye. I didn't always agree with what you said here, in fact I was rather annoyed by it. But it was fun having you around here. You pushed people further, sometimes by making us mad, but we've all done that, haven't we?<P>Later.
Eclipse

Cloud
Lieutenant

Post by Cloud » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:04 am

If LEC makes another <B>good</B> space sim that they actually <B>put their spirits into</B>, like the X-Wing series (or a new X-Wing game), then this community will stand a chance. If they keep making these half-hearted thingies like Battle For Naboo, no one's going to take X-Wing Alliance seriously.<P>Personally, I've picked up XWA again and I'm making a campaign (in addition to the Battle of Hoth ShipSet). I guess the amount of life here = the amount of work. As long as everyone do something, we're not dead. If no one do anything, we're dead. It's as simple as that.

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:12 am

Well, if it's worth anything, I'll get to work on making the rest of the bouys.
Eclipse

Morfeo
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morfeo » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:20 am

Hello everyone.<P>Take it easy Darksaber, and good luck out there.<P>Ill most likely will be aplying XWA for a while longer. Am a newer comer when it comes to add-on ships (I started downloading them when they where already avaliable with their SHP files) and I also have nearly completely re-balanced XWA by changing all non-flyable objects stats via MXvTED. The game dosen't play the same when you go up against a starship now.<P>Anyways, your OPTs are great, and you hit the mark with the TIE Torpedo Launcher. For some reason I like this model.<P>From what I hear, it seems that the next big push will come from Matt and his Star Destroyers. But am also kepping an eye on the Preybird, the Toscan Figther and the Cloakshape Figther. Good luck on those.<P>-Morfeo-
Morfeo

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:41 am

So long DS and thanks for everything :D<P>One of the best sites for XWA, and a source for most of my work on the game. Let's hope Freeserve are slow in getting rid of it.
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:36 am

Thanks DS, for the opts, good times, the bad...... Blah Blah.<P>Good luck my friend.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Shadow Reaper
Ensign

Post by Shadow Reaper » Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:39 am

I for one would like to know what he may consider moving on to and see what work he does there.

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:12 pm

I hope Freeserve doesnt get rid of the site..... I really like it for some reason
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

TK-204
Lieutenant

Post by TK-204 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:54 pm

Yeah thanks for all your great OPT's, and best wishes to you Darksaber! :)<P>And you're right.. XWA died a long time ago.. and so is the community.. The time is more than ready for a new SW-Spaceflight Sim from LucasArts.. on the UT2003 engine or something ;) I keep praying!
<I>Så ska de ne genast stekas<BR>Som de en gång stekte oss<BR>De ska saltas de ska kokas<BR>Köttet skall flanga från benen loss!</I>

Specter
Lieutenant JG

Post by Specter » Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:35 pm

Au revoir!

Experimental_TIE
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Experimental_TIE » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:46 pm

I've not posted in this forum for a while (propably partially because I forgot I was using Experimental_TIE here instead of Infinity), and I haven't done much with XWA for a while, but I do check out the few sites still up evey once in a while and feel happy - and to make sure they're not dead yet.<br><BR>Darksaber, you're right. The game died a long time ago. But people like you kept it going! You made THE best opts out there, in my oppinion, and you alone are responsible for tying up my phone line - I'm still stuck with dial-up - for the largest amount of time that any website ever had. <br><BR>XWA would likely crash if a mission was made with even just one of all of those TIEs you made as if to say "I can't do graphics like that!!!" and not to mention your remarkable work with the other various fighters for XWAU, like your truely amazing X-Wing. <br><BR>You've saved me from boredom so many times, and generally improved my quality of life for many hours over a period of about 2 years. It's sad to see XWA die completely, and even though there are still people here, you were a big part of it. But I'll have to say, that TIE Phantom was a great opt to go out with!<br><BR>I thought of ending this with something like "live long and prosper," but I think that might generate some negative response, so instead, just,<br><br><BR>Thanks
"Shut him up or shut him down!" -Han Solo

Experimental_TIE
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Experimental_TIE » Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:03 pm

Oh yeah, and when I'm some big top head of my very own video game company which I'll call InfinitySoft or something - you just wait and see - I wont forget! I'll make a new X-Wing Series Game!!! Better than all before it!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha<BR>Please ignore that sudden burst of insanity. It wont happen again...
"Shut him up or shut him down!" -Han Solo

Jedi_knight
Lieutenant

Post by Jedi_knight » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:10 pm

No words from the man himself?
Now you will see why evil always truimphs over good, because good is dumb - Dark Helmet

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:14 pm

Personally he does'nt have to say a thing, the work he did for himself and let us benefit from, speaks for itself! :D<P>very important <B> Update:!! </B> Darksaber give us one last opt before he left....Thanks <B> Darksaber! :D </B> and take Care....<P>Sincerely, rogue518<p>[ 05 January 2003: Message edited by: rogue518 ]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:58 pm

Well I'm here, and I thank everyone, you either like or dislike me but what the hell :( <P>It is hard to stop making stuff for this game, but it has to end at some point and this is it, I know I have siad before I'm quitting but this time it's for real<P>So so long and thanks for all the fish<P>Cya around<P>Tony<P>Oh chack out my site one last time, it's going to piss some one off a little, who cares sue me! :cool:
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:13 pm

Personally, I liked the old textures better. I can't say anything about the model because I didn't download it. Like I said, I don't play anymore.
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:16 pm

Have you taken a close look at his textures there shit? :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station