Battlefront II extra content has now stopped

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Battlefront II extra content has now stopped

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:09 pm

So from today there's no more content update to BF2

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars ... ra-content

https://youtu.be/WgGBmUvRaNo

Obviously the only reason we got so many free updates though was the loot crate fiasco.
It's not a game I've played tons but it's not bad. I don't know what system they run to get it looking like they do in the pics lol
Good that lots of things are no playable offline or in small groups.
I just wish there was more things they had done to the Starfighter section. That's my game maps of choice.
It's been on sale for under £10 in the past so it's worth it cheap. The single player game's not bad.
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

haui
Cadet 1st Class

Post by haui » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:26 pm

i bought it for 5 euro and i really like the singleplayer
It's better to burn out than to fade away .

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:19 pm

I watched the singleplayer playthrough on YT and payed 0 bucks :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:45 pm

General_Trageton wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:19 pm
I watched the singleplayer playthrough on YT and payed 0 bucks :D
Tight ass lol That's not enjoying being a lady TiE Fighter pilot ;)

Also why is it in nearly every Imperial based Star Wars game I can think off that the player turns from good to bad.
Force Unleashed, BF2, KOTOR etc. The only game that didn't convert you I think was TIE Fighter!

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:28 pm

This game was a huge disappointment for me. After BF1 published the X-Wing VR mission I wanted more, and I heard that BF2 was going to have an "enhanced" starfighter mode. In the end, there was no VR and playing starfighter in MP was nearly impossible because everyone else had already bought or played their way to super-powered ships.

Single player failed to grab my attention for more than 15 mins.

So, in the end, this game made me look at XWA again...

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:37 pm

blue_max wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:28 pm
This game was a huge disappointment for me. After BF1 published the X-Wing VR mission I wanted more, and I heard that BF2 was going to have an "enhanced" starfighter mode. In the end, there was no VR and playing starfighter in MP was nearly impossible because everyone else had already bought or played their way to super-powered ships.

All reasons I waited to get it years later until it was about £8.99 and they fixed loads of issues lol

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:09 pm

blue_max wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:28 pm

15 minutes? That's precisely how long a good XWA mission should last!
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Kampher
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Kampher » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:53 pm

All the content updates in the world couldn't save this game from terrible gameplay mechanics. There's no server browser, the maps are tiny meat-grinders, there's no tools for teamplay, and the vehicles are basically useless and control like a potato. If they had just taken the battlefield formula and put a star wars skin on it the game would have been great (minus the pay-to-win micro transaction debacle).

The older mods like Galactic Conquest for Battlefield 1942 and First Strike for Battlefield 2142 are still leagues ahead of this game. I still jump into Battlefront 2 from time to time to scratch the Star Wars itch, but I find myself bored and frustrated within an hour.

Honestly, I've been playing X-wing alliance since I was probably 11 years old, and I still come back once a year and have a great, immersive Star Wars experience. Thanks to all the fine folks here in this tight community, the game just continues to evolve.

As a side note, it's incredible that EA has had an exclusive license to print Star Wars money and has only been able to publish two lackluster battlefront games and a midling singleplayer Jedi adventure.

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:24 am

I still love this game, it got a lot better a few months after launch.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Still, the feel of the game's content is a mile wide and an inch deep. Historically, Lucasarts and community modding have always brought richer, deeper content. I downloaded the BF2 update yesterday and played it for an hour before I got bored with its lack of depth. It's a shame but I think the golden age of quality, modable base games from creators who care about Star Wars, not just the corporate marketable aspects of it, are long gone. Its up to the communities as far as I can tell, to create great mods for older, richer titles.

Fallen Order was a solid game and story, but I don't think any additional content will be added to it, nor will it ever see modding.
Image Image Image Image Image

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:28 pm

ual002 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:10 pm
Still, the feel of the game's content is a mile wide and an inch deep. Historically, Lucasarts and community modding have always brought richer, deeper content. I downloaded the BF2 update yesterday and played it for an hour before I got bored with its lack of depth. It's a shame but I think the golden age of quality, modable base games from creators who care about Star Wars, not just the corporate marketable aspects of it, are long gone. Its up to the communities as far as I can tell, to create great mods for older, richer titles.

Fallen Order was a solid game and story, but I don't think any additional content will be added to it, nor will it ever see modding.
I actually discovered last night that there are some mods for BF2. I'm not sure how many work though or tested any yet.
https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsbattlefront22017

https://youtu.be/mlnzAVawlro

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Most, if not all will have to be updated for the new patch, so check their description or updated date stamp to see if they're for the Scarif update.