Spacecraft Timeline

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Spacecraft Timeline

Batou
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Batou » Wed May 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Hello there,

Is someone have or know a starwars's spacecraft timeline ?

It is very difficult to have information of the date of the release of each spacecraft.
The A-wing RZ1 have been release before the T-65 Xwing ?
How many years there is between a VSDI and a VSDII ?
The Y-Wing BTL-4 have 25 years of service ?

I don't find any sources with manufacturer chronology. Any idea ?

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Wed May 06, 2020 7:10 pm

For a lot of them, you kind of have to relate them to that ship's information and events surrounding it. For instance, the VSD was launched near middle of the Clone Wars, and the ISD premiered at the Battle of Coruscant according to some novels. Since the VSD II is a "a more direct predecessor to the Imperial-class Star Destroyer," I would say that the VSD II was out sometime before the Battle of Coruscant, or perhaps simultaneously. I got that stuff from Wookieepedia, but you can usually find the sources for those quotes and read them on your own. Of course, there are contradictions. The A-Wing was supposed to come out sometime after the Battle of Yavin, but somehow they appeared in Droids and X-Wing long before that. In cases like that, there are often retconns that... somewhat explains it. In that case, the R-22 Spearhead was supposed to be what the Alliance based the A-Wing design on, but that doesn't really explain why the Spearhead appears to have the same performance as the R-Z1, why it looks the same in those sources, etc.. So you kind of have to apply some head canon a bit.
Last edited by Tony Knightcrawler on Thu May 07, 2020 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Wed May 06, 2020 11:41 pm

You might take a look at this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axqxvjn7e2rxs ... e.pdf?dl=0
Hope this helps.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.