Hangar doors issue

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Hangar doors issue

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:43 am

Ok this could be tricky but it is almost 2 decades I have this feeling: capital ships and space stations should have some kind of doors that can open and close to protect targets inside when they are down. It is a feature like s-foils and I figure a battleship going to battle condition 1, closing all inside ports and protecting viewports. Even in the books and films are cases when people who did not have this care regret it painfully... but I am totally out of my expertise here to get this kind of stuff done. Can your magic do this XD?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:47 am

Not sure if it could be done dynamically. Easiest way would be using the starship profile feature to add a blastdoor via the mission ini file.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:08 am

like the exaust door in the experimental reactor of death star II?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:27 pm

No that one was just a regular mesh marked as "Hatch", which was set to be destructible.
JeremyaFr has recently made an update to his hooks that allows modders to define certain Object Profiles which hide speciffic meshes.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear