What the fruck?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

What the fruck?

CoOlDuDe
Lieutenant JG

Post by CoOlDuDe » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:02 am

So tonight I went to reinstall XWA. It installed fine. Updated it to 2.02, (Or whatever version the patch is.) download Xmod off of Defiant's site, and then go and download all of the good opts.<P>I downloaded all of the TIEs/Rebel fighters separately instead of in the RFP or IFP. Downloaded all of the other XWAUP opts, etc.<P>They all install fine, nothing seems out of the ordinary. I open up the game and fix the video settings, then take a look at the craft library. Oh, well, wait a second... they're all the old opts. So I change the res back to 800x600. Nope, doesn't help. Reinstall, same thing.<P>Then I went to skirmish just to see, and the TIE Fighter worked but nothing else. Why? I wasted all of that time downloading all of the stuff and only one works. <P>Wrong version of Xmod? Screwed up game? What?<P>The computer is only 5 months old, so that isn't the problem.
ZING! Good riddance. Since I have just changed the e-mail in my profile, I did Forceflow's job and killed my posting. Hope you're happy, I know I am. :)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:14 am

If you re-install you also have to go back and change it to hardware mode. That might be it. Or not.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

CoOlDuDe
Lieutenant JG

Post by CoOlDuDe » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Wes Janson:<BR><STRONG>If you re-install you also have to go back and change it to hardware mode. That might be it. Or not.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, I did that both times.
ZING! Good riddance. Since I have just changed the e-mail in my profile, I did Forceflow's job and killed my posting. Hope you're happy, I know I am. :)

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:48 pm

Do they work in flight?
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:49 pm

Do they work in flight?
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

CoOlDuDe
Lieutenant JG

Post by CoOlDuDe » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:05 pm

Well now they work... but the font is messed up on 800x600 and 1024x768.