Ashgard campaigns

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Ashgard campaigns

mammel 248 4
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by mammel 248 4 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:20 pm

Ashgard campaign battle 2,<BR>I can't download it. :( Please could someone send me the Ashgard Road to Yavin.<BR>My e-mail is xwastuff@be.tf
MvG alias Mammel248<BR>Take a look at my XWA site.<BR><A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/xwastuff/" TARGET=_blank> XWA Stuff</A><BR>Long live the GOOD computers (mine is 400Mhz, it sucks)

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:29 pm

Why cant you
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

mammel 248 4
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by mammel 248 4 » Sun May 04, 2003 5:14 am

The bar loads up to half the way, then it stops.
MvG alias Mammel248<BR>Take a look at my XWA site.<BR><A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/xwastuff/" TARGET=_blank> XWA Stuff</A><BR>Long live the GOOD computers (mine is 400Mhz, it sucks)

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Sun May 04, 2003 6:04 am

How many times have you tried? Have you tried downloading the other Ashgard Battles and files? Do they download OK?<P>BTW, you'll need to download all of the campaign. Battle 2 won't work by itself.
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

mammel 248 4
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by mammel 248 4 » Wed May 07, 2003 3:14 pm

I mean the loading when entering the site. When the screen with "ENTER" should appear, it loads up half the way.

VeritechCEO
Ensign

Post by VeritechCEO » Wed May 07, 2003 3:32 pm

I downloaded it last night, granted I had to try a second time due to connection problems I think but I successfully downloaded the whole battle.
What!?!? SDF-1 Destroyed the Death Star! We're out of here!
Veritech R&D Facility
The OPT Vault

hulu
Cadet 4th Class

Post by hulu » Mon May 12, 2003 6:46 am

A bit of feedback concerning this campaign,<P>1) This campaign is very good. I haven't finished it but so far, this is great. So, a big thank to Abolisher.<P>2) In the first Training mission with the YWING, the third Tie crashes in a hangar after a while. I don't know if it's a bug or just a way to get the mission harder. This happened three times. The fourth, I managed to disable it before crashing (easy settings).<P>3) I think it's weird that a Correlian Transport is so fast compared to Ties. This is not a critic, just a comment.<P>Thank you again.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Tue May 13, 2003 2:08 am

Thanks for the feedback. No, I didn't know the third TIE fighter crashed into the hangar. When I tested the missions, I always managed to disable it before that happened. However, I will put this on a list of errors to fix for the final release.<P>About the CORTs, I increased the default speed of the CORTs by 50 MGLT just like for all starfighters. If you have shield and laser recharge at maintenance level, you are slower than some TIEs, like the Interceptor, Avenger, and Defender. If you redirect lasers and shields to engines, well, you're going to outrun everything out there, not to mention nearly impossible for AI fighters to hit.
This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.<P><A HREF="http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/" TARGET=_blank> Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost</A>

hulu
Cadet 4th Class

Post by hulu » Sun May 18, 2003 2:54 pm

I have some difficulties in the Battle of Yavin mission. Once the Deflection Tower is destroyed, a new goal appears: destroying 33% of the Ties. I achieve this by destroying Containers Hangars. At that time, a nav buoy appears and the new goal is to destroy the DS. I think I am supposed to hyper to the trench using the buoy but the buoy doesn't seem to work. I can't go to hyperspace. I tried many times and never succedeed. May have I some help?

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Mon May 19, 2003 4:09 am

How are you destroying the container hangars? They are hidden behind the back wall of the Death Star hangars and you can't get to them unless you are invincible and somehow crash your way into the Death Star. Anyway, you shouldn't be destroying the container hangars anyway--not if you care about having a authentic gaming experience.<P>However you are destroying the container hangars, it doesn't matter because they will be invincible in the next release. Thanks for letting me know that people can cheat this way.<P>Now to your question about the Nav Buoy. The Nav Buoy is just that, it is <B>not</B> a <B>Hyper Buoy</B>. All the Nav Buoy does is tell you where the beginning of the trench is. Fly to the Nav Buoy, dive toward the Death Star surface and drop into the trench. Then fly to the exhaust port--no hypering required.

hulu
Cadet 4th Class

Post by hulu » Tue May 20, 2003 7:45 pm

Thank you for your answer, Abolisher.<P>To destroy the Tie Hangars , I just asked the squadron to do it.<P>Concerning the trench run, I fear I have missed something. A few months ago, I saw nice shots of detailed OPTS for the trench, the deflection tower and exhaust port. The run was supposed to require a mini-hyper to go from the far DS view to the trench.<BR>If I understand well, these OPTs are not used in the current release. <P>If so, I suppose you met some difficulties to do what you planned at that time (I remember you had troubles with Allied).<BR>May I ask you what were those difficulties?<BR>What I have in mind is the following: if all the OPTs are available, maybe somebody could try to implement an enhanced mission. In fact (though I haven't asked him), I am thinking to Mathias (developer of the recently released Version Intégrale). I remember he was quite interested and asked for these OPTs in one thread.

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Thu May 22, 2003 12:19 am

The detailed Death Star surface and trench OPTs are not in the current release. They will be in the second release however. There was no difficulty, I just haven't put the surfaces in the mission yet. <P>As far as Mathias goes, I probably referred him to Master Qui-Gon because the surface OPTs are mostly his work. Qui-Gon may have given the surfaces to Mathias, but I don't know.

Gringlas
XWAU Member

Post by Gringlas » Thu May 22, 2003 4:35 pm

Abolisher, the campaign is great!<BR>I haven't played XWA for a year or so. With the new stats it is incredible. A whole new game feeling! In the normal stat version, it was a bit hard for me, especialy those missions of Battle 1. I have completed 6 missions in two days. Originaly I wanted to play Warcraft III by now, but I have to finish your campaign first!!<P>Again, great work! Can't wait to see the death star missions!!!

Abolisher
XWAU Member

Post by Abolisher » Fri May 23, 2003 1:24 am

Thanks for the feedback. :) I almost have Battle 6 done. It will have about 18 missions (15 are done) and it's a campaign against an Imperial TIE Experimental program.<P>Battle 7 will be a 20 or so mission campaign to liberate the outer rim territories and finally, the Ashgard home. That will offically complete the campaign, though I hope to build an epilogue battle with several E-wing and K-wing missions.<P>Just so you know, the current release is an interim release. More missions will be added to already-released battles in the final release. For example, Battle 3 will open with a mission where SSD Executor shows up at Yavin and forces the Rebels to flee Yavin Base. <P>Gringlas, we need to finish that Asteroid Base someday. :p

Gringlas
XWAU Member

Post by Gringlas » Fri May 23, 2003 12:24 pm

Yeah, someday! :roll: <BR>BUt, hey we really should try it again!! I will mail you in the next weeks!