WIP: Vendetta Star Corvette

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

WIP: Vendetta Star Corvette

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sat May 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Ispired by the original design by Ryan Church for an imperial patrol craft in Ep3, I've developed this Imperial Star Corvette. I've called it "Vendetta"<P> Image <P>I'm currently working on some special Flightgroup colors...

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat May 05, 2007 7:48 pm

I like the angular tail and the windows. Not too sure about the turbolaser where it is though, seems too close to those windows, like it is in the middle of the bridge.<P>Reminds me of the Longsword from Halo, probably not too much bigger either. <P>Textures look great too.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Sat May 05, 2007 9:25 pm

That's very original (I haven't seen Ryan Church's design). It's a little hard for me to determine the shape from the shots. Is the bridge seperated into two different compartments? Is there a bulge on the underside of the ship? The textures are very nice indeed.

DTM

Post by DTM » Sun May 06, 2007 7:42 am

Ryan Church is a concept artist. He worked for Disney, Universal Studios, ILM and others. He is the father of different veichles seen in EpII, EpIII and War of the Worlds... you may visit his art galleries at <A HREF="http://www.ryanchurch.com" TARGET=_blank>www.ryanchurch.com</A> <BR>You may see the original concept art of this ship <A HREF="http://www.ryanchurch.com/ryanchurch_RS055.htm" TARGET=_blank>here</A><P>There are 2 command bridges in the main hull. The turbolaser turrets are the heart of this ship. It is a patroler ship with an incredible fire power compared to the dimension of the ship...a gunship.

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Sun May 06, 2007 10:22 pm

By the scale on the concept art, it looks like two quad-lasers. Then again, the scale is pretty weird.<p>[ 07 May 2007: Message edited by: Tony Knightcrawler ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon May 07, 2007 5:10 am

Maybe twin side by side cockpits? <BR>And a Bombadier?
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

DTM

Post by DTM » Mon May 07, 2007 5:03 pm

There will be no cockpit, it's noy funny to pilot a cap ship...<P>I'm working on special flightgroup colors to have an heavily damaged Vendetta...<P> Image

DTM

Post by DTM » Mon May 07, 2007 5:51 pm

...Transparency textures...and an inner damaged section...

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue May 08, 2007 10:50 am

That would be fun to have for campaign mode of XWA, "damage models" for things like the Mon al Cruisr and ISD
Corellian Browncoat

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Sat May 19, 2007 7:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Wes Janson:<BR><STRONG>That would be fun to have for campaign mode of XWA, "damage models" for things like the Mon al Cruisr and ISD</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Definatly, that would be great, but that would mean someone would have to retexture thoes models agian, Though that does sound like fun. It would take a bit of revival in enthusiasim as we cant have DTM and GT evreything now can we? Guess we need to hire cheerleaders. ;)

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun May 20, 2007 12:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darklord:<BR><STRONG>Definatly, that would be great, but that would mean someone would have to retexture thoes models agian, Though that does sound like fun. It would take a bit of revival in enthusiasim as we cant have DTM and GT evreything now can we? Guess we need to hire cheerleaders. ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I know one or two, perhaps if I ask them nicely they'd do a short cheer.<P>"DTM, GT, go and make an opt for me!"<P>In all seriousness, I like this concept alot. Interesting ship design too.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue May 22, 2007 5:51 pm

Not at all, the two that I know rate near the top of my friendliest person meter.<P>Close friends with one of them. Probably one of the most outgoing kind people I know. (I should know being a social outcast and all, *cough*)<P>Now, stop hijacking DTM's thread. /whap Jon