If you think your life sucks, you may want to reconsider

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

If you think your life sucks, you may want to reconsider

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:10 pm

I was hit by a car at work on Friday night. I'm ok and everything, but the one who suffered more was the driver, as he damaged his car. He never asked if I was ok...he just drove off (hit and run, I know). The worst part was my Father. He never asked if I was ok or anything. He just said "Well, if you weren't so stupid enough". Well, how can I be stupid when:<P>1: It wasn't my fault.<P>2: I was pushing 5-6 carriges (or carts, whatever you call them). I don't know how you can't see someone doing this.<P>3: The guy was <B>speeding</B> in a <B>parking lot</B>.<P>Just goes to show you how some people only cares about themselves. :(<p>[ 07 January 2003: Message edited by: Red_Leader ]
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

OF_RG_Katarn
Cadet 1st Class

Post by OF_RG_Katarn » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:28 pm

Dude......I can't beleave the guy or your dad didn't even care :eek:

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:31 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OF_RG_Katarn:<BR><STRONG>Dude......I can't beleave the guy or your dad didn't even care :eek:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yea, I said that too. :confused:

PAG112524
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by PAG112524 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:51 pm

Hey, you have my sympathies. I got knocked off my bike by a car and it wasn't my fault. It's no fun is it? hope you're ok.

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PAG112524:<BR><STRONG>Hey, you have my sympathies. I got knocked off my bike by a car and it wasn't my fault. It's no fun is it? hope you're ok.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm ok (thank God). Thanks for your sympathies.

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:50 am

Yeah, some divine intervention probably occured there. How hard did he hit you?
Eclipse

Defiant
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Defiant » Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:04 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red_Leader:<BR><STRONG>He just said "Well, if you weren't so stupid enough".</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There are few things more amusing than a person trying to call another stupid and bastardizing their native language at the same time.<P>The above's a great example, but my favorite is the all-time classic: "Your a looser."

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:21 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Draco429:<BR><STRONG>Yeah, some divine intervention probably occured there. How hard did he hit you?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It wasn't that hard where I'm crippled, heh. I felt fine after, just a little shooken up. I felt it in my back the next day though. Damn, I should have been screaming while I was on the ground. Ever notice these thoughts come to you <B>after</B> the situation? :D

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:56 pm

You have my symphathy.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:45 pm

I can understand how that felt. I remember that one time in switzerland. I was 13 and was out hiking with a friend, well we tried some rock climbing,, with the emphasize being that we TRIED, I unfortunately failed. Fell about 6-7 meters down and hit a root of a tree. I was damn luky my arm and not my neck hit the root. Broke it pretty baldy. So there I am, lying on the ground, my friend nowhere to be seen (he was on the other side of the rock) and then there comes this family with three small kids along. (They must've seen my fall) The father walks past me and looks down to me saying to his kids:<BR>"See, that happens if you aren't carefull"<BR>I've yet to see such ignorance again. I think that was the day where I lost faith in humanity.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Defiant

Post by Defiant » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:39 pm

People that do stuff like that don't deserve to live a healthy life. =p<P>Maybe next time divine intervention will break his arm, too.

samsolo
Cadet 1st Class

Post by samsolo » Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:13 pm

*sigh* :mad:
FIGHT THE PROGRAMMERS

ACE
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ACE » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear about that, Red.<P>Glad to hear you are ok. :)

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:13 pm

Glad that your OK. One time my friend got hit by a bus moving at 2 clicks. That was scary and then it was funny. Another time my friend got his skateboard run over and IT DIDNT CRACK! but the person didnt care. I also remember when I was a kid I had a kyte and the string got caught on the cars antenna and I said "stop stop stop!" and they kept going and snap. Bastards....all of em...
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?