Installed each new craft, but no changes in game

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Installed each new craft, but no changes in game

Jonny4975
Recruit

Post by Jonny4975 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Heya there first off all i love the work you guys have done to improve this awesome game, i'm just having an issue that i hope someone can help me with.

After finally getting x-wing alliance working on win7, i went about downloading all the ship mod's (one by one), and the i went about installing them (one by one).

After i did all this i eagerly loaded the game to check out the work. needless to say i was a bit dissapointed to see that nothing had changed.. i am very confused because and i'm sorry but this site is not very forthcoming with an explanation on exactly how to install these mods properly, i know the .exe's are fairly self explanatory, but i was confused as hell with the xmod files as i had no clue untill i googled it and found the info on another site.

But i digress.

Why after installing every single ship mod are they not changed in game? did i miss something really simple? they all seemed to install without a hitch (after some registry modding io had to do to get windows to acknowledge it was there)

anyway thank you for the hard work you've obviously put in and i thank you for any assistance you might offer :)

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 pm

When you say you modded the registry does it happen to look anything like this?

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\X-Wing Alliance]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\X-Wing Alliance\v1.0]
"Install Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\X-Wing Alliance"
"Executable"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\X-Wing Alliance\\XWingAlliance.EXE"
"Source Path"="C:"
"CD Path"="C:"
"Analyze Path"="C:\\INSTALL\\SysCheck.exe"
"Source Dir"="C:\\"
"JoystickID"="1"
"Version"="1.0"
"InstallType"=dword:00000009
"SoundCard"="TRUE"
Please post your registry stats please, oh and please post which dir you have installed XWA too

If the exe installers installed ok then they must have gone somewhere?

There are a number of checks the exe's do before they install

they check the path of xwa through the registry, they check if the xwingalliance.exe first exist, then check if it is the correct version (patched with 2.02) and there is one more check.

So if the installer check meets all these criteria then the new craft should be within your xwa flightmodels dir, unless all of the opts are read only?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:06 pm

I think only admins and moderators can reply in this forum.
I'll move this one to Software/Hardware issues.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Jonny4975
Recruit

Post by Jonny4975 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:15 pm

hey quick reply thanks :)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\X-Wing Alliance]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\X-Wing Alliance\v1.0]
"Executable"="F:\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance\\XWingAlliance.EXE"
"Install Path"="F:\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance"
"Source Path"="E:"
"CD Path"="E:"
"Analyze Path"="E:\\INSTALL\\SysCheck.exe"
"Source Dir"="E:\\"
"JoystickID"="1"
"Version"="2.0"
"MAGIC"=dword:00094e22
"SoundCard"="TRUE"
"LastPilot"="RBL_Holmes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Alliance.EXE]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance"
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance\\Alliance.EXE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LucasArts' X-Wing Alliance]
"UninstallString"="C:\\WINDOWS\\uninst.exe -f\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance\\DeIsL2.isu\""
"DisplayName"="LucasArts' X-Wing Alliance"

theres how io had to change the registry, after i copied an install from a 32bit machine, pre-patched to 2.02 ofc

before i did that the opt's would not install at all saying the XWINGALLIANCE.EXE WAS MISSING PLEASE REINSTALL.

but after i sorted the reg they installed fine, altho i flew an x-wing in a skirmish and the mod seemed to have not taken effect.

EDIT: I installed The ultimate craft pack from your site and that seemed to work nicely. i might need to test more ships in skirmish cuz i'm not entirely sure they havnt now or i am just being dense. cheers :)

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Hmmm.. if you've installed XWA to "F:\Lucasarts\XWingAlliance"

Then why do these

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Alliance.EXE]
"Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance"
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance\\Alliance.EXE"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LucasArts' X-Wing Alliance]
"UninstallString"="C:\\WINDOWS\\uninst.exe -f\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance\\DeIsL2.isu\""
still point to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\XWingAlliance ?????

Plus I can't understand where this came from

The file "DeIsL2.isu" doesn't exist in my xwadir

I can't see a problem with

"Executable"="F:\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance\\XWingAlliance.EXE"
"Install Path"="F:\\LucasArts\\XWingAlliance"
"Source Path"="E:"
"CD Path"="E:"
"Analyze Path"="E:\\INSTALL\\SysCheck.exe"
"Source Dir"="E:\\"
"JoystickID"="1"
"Version"="2.0"
"MAGIC"=dword:00094e22
"SoundCard"="TRUE"
"LastPilot"="RBL_Holmes"
the only possible reason is that the XWA Dir is read only or directories within are read only

But then you say you installed the UCP, without apparently any problems, the individual craft installers work in the same way as the UCP does with all the checks

I would suggest you use Markus XWA MSI installer to install XWA instead or editing the registry
http://www.markusegger.at/Software/Games/
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station