Can't hit enemy ships!

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Can't hit enemy ships!

Chocobuny
Recruit

Post by Chocobuny » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:44 am

I just installed the XWA Upgrade and started playing the campaign. I completed the first mission okay, but that didn't require shooting. The second level requires shooting some targets, and I am unable to hit them at all! I have recorded a video just to show what is going on. Sorry the video is really dark, I'm not great at uploading stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSHzm9Cmqig

Anyone know how to solve this? I don't want to go back to playing the original after seeing this : (.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:33 pm

It looks like you're over 1.25 km away, which is the max range of your cannons. From the vid it looks like you're 1.5+km away.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:21 am

Look like it
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Chocobuny
Recruit

Post by Chocobuny » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:51 am

This is a mission where you literally cannot fly the ship, the droid pilots the ship and you are forced into the gunner seat to shoot the junk. What else can I do if the AI won't even put me in a place I can hit the ship at!

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Hit the F key and Emkay should pilot the ship to within range of the target.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:00 am

the F key won't work here it some kind of disabled, but a work around can be done, if your on the cockpit view, on the left side console i believe the log box, press left or right arrow, key until you reach the wingman menu look for the Sabra press the number that is assigned to it and another menu will come up then you can choose autofire or auto pilot and again the missions is already in auto pilot

this is what i do if i don't feel manning the turrets :D
Han Solo: She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:29 am

I took another look at your video - I can see at least one container that's closer than the two you shoot at.

Two things to notes about the XWAU CORT, it's quite a bit bigger and irrc the turret is in a different orientation (the correct one).

It's possible one of both of these factors is making the mission more finnicky.

Sadly I don't have a stick at the moment (old one broke and I'm broke) or I'd run the mission to see if I can replicate the problem.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.