DSUCP SHP Location?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

DSUCP SHP Location?

LateNightSalami
Recruit

Post by LateNightSalami » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Hey all,

I installed DSUCP 4.0. I wanted to tweak some of the ship strengths as I think the corvettes are massively overpowered with the updates. I just wanted to tone down the shields and hull (before in Xwing you could kill one with 6 torpedoes, now it takes like 20 or something). I downloaded MXvTed to tweak some stuff but realized that the .shp files are no where to be found. They must exist somewhere since I am playing Xwing Redux right now and all the ships seems to exist and have statistics but there isn't anything in the SHP directory except some stuff from the yavin ship set.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Hello,

I assume you mean DSUCP 2.4 and not 4.0.

You don't need and .shp file to modify the stats. With MXvTed, select the ship you want to modify, make your changes, and then click the Write button to apply the modifications to XWingAlliance.exe.

LateNightSalami
Recruit

Post by LateNightSalami » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 am

Hi, yes...Actually I have an older version installed: 2.3. It is xwing redux 4.0 that I also have installed.

With MXvTed it asks me to select an executable. I select my current Xwing Allaince executable and restart the program but it it says "access denied". There are no selections under Craft No. This lead me to believe that I had to use the file-->open ship option.

Perhaps this access denied is the root of the problem?...Ohh I think I may need to run the program in admin mode.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Yes, you need write access to modify the exe.
If the folder where XWA is installed is protected by the UAC, you will need to run MXvTed in admin mode.