Graphics glitches with ships and backdrops

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Graphics glitches with ships and backdrops

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:39 am

I fired up the game recently and noticed that I now have graphical glitches which I didn't have before. I recently updated my nVidia driver from 391.35 to 418.81, but when I rolled that back I still have the same problem (I didn't reboot though, would that be necessary?).

Specifically, all craft in the tech library (and I assume in the game) have very low poly/bad texture thrust exhaust. Some of the custom craft seem to have their textures mis-applied nor not mapped properly. Finally while in a mission the backdrop is completely screwed, in that only a portion of a planet will show, for example.

Screenshots can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/n3dICtP

Is it worth trying to reinstall XWA and the XWA Upgrade craft patch? Or are there other things I should try?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am

You can try the latest version of the hooks. The easy way to download them is to use XwaHooksSetup (see viewtopic.php?p=154911#p154911).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 am

That seemed to do the trick! Thank you!

What is it about the new version of the hooks that made you think it would solve the problem?