Question Regarding Menu Backgrounds and Joystick Settings

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Question Regarding Menu Backgrounds and Joystick Settings

malibu43
Recruit

Post by malibu43 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Hello all,

First, a huge thank you to those that have put these packs together! My son is way into Star Wars, and it always disappointed me that no one had released a Star Wars space sim since 1999! I bought XWA from GOG a few nights ago, installed the upgrade pack, and he had a blast the other morning going up against a Star Destroyer in an X-wing, 1v1. Needless to say, he is not concerned about mission success rates. :D

I am working through screen resolution stuff with XWA Hacker, and think I have that under control. However, there's a couple other things that have come up that I can't find any solutions to in the FAQ or in existing forum posts.

1. If I select the "Temp" Pilot (that I guess was created by default when I installed XWA), I see the new, upgraded menu screens when I start the game (ie - I'm on the bridge of the cruiser). However, if I select any other new pilots that I create, I don't see the new menu screens. I'll start out in the "Crew Quarters" home menu screen, and can only navigate through the default menus (so I can never get to the pilot testing grounds). I've tried creating a pilot after installing the XWAUP, and also starting from scratch and creating pilots before installing XWAUP. Both with the same result. Is there something I'm missing somewhere?

2. Where does the game save joystick settings? I'd like to back this file up. When I was experimenting with creating and deleting pilots above, I lost my joystick settings and had to remap...

Thanks!

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Hello,
1. When you start a new campaign, you start in the crew quarter. It's only when you join the rebellion that you have access to the calamari cruiser.
2. The settings are stored in the "config.cfg" file.

malibu43
Recruit

Post by malibu43 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks!