HOTAS Setting up

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

HOTAS Setting up

Dexadrinne
Recruit

Post by Dexadrinne » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi guys i have a thrustmaster warthog and pedals. What is the best way in order to assign axis and buttons for my sticks?

Darth_Binks
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Darth_Binks » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:36 am

I actually just set up my T16000M TWCS throttle and rudder pedals with T.A.R.G.E.T. The important ones were to make the throttle on TWCS the "DX_Z_AXIS" since that is the axis that XWA recognizes as being the "throttle axis." Second was setting the rudder pedals as the "DX_ZROT_AXIS" with a big deadzone, since this is axis that XWA allows to roll you left and right. Then I picked 12 buttons on the stick to be the 1-12, the ones that were not 1-12 already I assigned to be a "Direct X game buttons" 1-12. That way you can set them to be whatever you want in game. The POV hat buttons on the stick I had to assign to "Direct X POV position" to get the to work in the same way. I added a couple functions to the rest by using keyboard bindings, honestly 12 buttons and POV hat, rudder pedals and a throttle are almost enough for this game. Most of my googling for TARGET settings sent me to some reddit HOTAS forum or another.

If you can find a way to make the mini stick work as a decent cockpit free look I will love you forever.
Blue Zoidberg: As for me I design mansions and then live in them. I'm lying! I'm an apalling failure!<BR>Red Zoidberg: Me too! A big fat one.<BR>-The Farnsworth Parabox, Futurama

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:47 pm

I've never gotten T.A.R.G.E.T. to work properly, even with a basic profile the stick axes stop working.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt