[Solved] Laser issue after installing XWAU

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Laser issue after installing XWAU

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:59 am

Installed the Origin version today on my test PC, tested playing and everything was fine (base install). Installed the XWAU (left all options default) and suddenly, no lasers? Installed the other files listed, still no lasers.

Question: would it be possible when creating the installers to list a Publisher? Windows keeps giving me the error "Publisher: Unknown publisher " when trying to install files. Also had to by pass one of my av scanners just to download the file.

Other issues (guessing they are false positives): Downloaded ATR-6 Assault Transport (AssaultTransport_v2.1.exe) and my AV reported issues. I think it means nothing though, looks like av is flagging them just because they are new files, there is no data on them so no real concern. Same issue with the Combat Utility Vehicle (CombatUtilityVehicle_v1.0.exe), the Stormtrooper Transport (StormtrooperTransport_v2.1.exe), Container Transport (ContainerTransport_v2.2.exe), Imperial Pilot (ImperialPilot_v1.1.exe), and Gun Platform (GunPlatform_v2.1.exe).
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Solved

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:21 am

Not sure why you got no Lasers. You could install it again and change the Laser option to the new ones.
Or install the Weapons pack on it's own might work. https://www.xwaupgrade.com/download/mod ... s_v4.0.exe
Tell us if you fix it please.

Sadly all the files get listed as false positives by most anti virus programs right now.
Not sure about a Publisher but we're looking into lots of download stuff for the future.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:49 am

Had a few issues with PC, reinstalling from scratch. Will try a different weapons selection when installing XWAU :)

The issue that is a constant is a lack of Publisher. If that can be solved hopefully that stops av from flagging it as an issue. I have also been sending them to the av company to file false positive claims.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:15 am

The publisher issue is not easily solved. That requires a certificate from a trusted CA which costs a monthly fee. Plus we are not sure if we can even add the certificate to the installers.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:58 pm

Griffin wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:49 am
Had a few issues with PC, reinstalling from scratch. Will try a different weapons selection when installing XWAU :)
Did you fix your issue Griffin?
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:37 pm

I reinstalled and chose no to custom missiles, lasers or ions. Everything is working [EDIT] AMAZING [/EDIT] :shock: