[Help] How to install OPT files

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Help] How to install OPT files

Gunnerpony
Recruit

Post by Gunnerpony » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 pm

Hello, i'm very new to the modding scene for this game. Last night, I was trying to install the individual OPT files for ships from the website "MTD Industries", however, i'm not quite sure how to go about installing the ones that don't come with their own installers.

When I searched for help, I found a few posts saying I needed an application called "MXvTED". However, the only download links I could find were through Darksaber's website, which doesn't exist anymore.

If anyone could help me out with this, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:21 pm

Gunnerpony wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 pm
Hello, i'm very new to the modding scene for this game. Last night, I was trying to install the individual OPT files for ships from the website "MTD Industries", however, i'm not quite sure how to go about installing the ones that don't come with their own installers.

When I searched for help, I found a few posts saying I needed an application called "MXvTED". However, the only download links I could find were through Darksaber's website, which doesn't exist anymore.

If anyone could help me out with this, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Hi. I have attached the MXvTED files for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Gunnerpony
Recruit

Post by Gunnerpony » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:29 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi. I have attached the MXvTED files for you.
Thanks! Any tips on how to use it?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 pm

Details on how to install them should be provided in the accompanying readme file.
Generally, you copy any .OPT and .ini files into your XWingAlliance\FlightModels\ directory.
Normally the zip files contain a .shp file, basically you open it with MXvTEd and it should automatically suggest where to install the OPT.
You'll find a more in-depth guide on how to user MXvTEd in general in the XWA Modding Wiki
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 pm

What he said ^^
Essentially backup your files or whole XWA folder. Select the EXE. Then open the SHP file to add the new craft.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Gunnerpony
Recruit

Post by Gunnerpony » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 pm

General_Trageton wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 pm
Details on how to install them should be provided in the accompanying readme file.
Generally, you copy any .OPT and .ini files into your XWingAlliance\FlightModels\ directory.
Normally the zip files contain a .shp file, basically you open it with MXvTEd and it should automatically suggest where to install the OPT.
You'll find a more in-depth guide on how to user MXvTEd in general in the XWA Modding Wiki
Alright, thanks!