[Bug] Battle 5, Mission 7 - Attack Pirate Base - Score too high

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Bug] Battle 5, Mission 7 - Attack Pirate Base - Score too high

cmdrkeen
Recruit

Post by cmdrkeen » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:37 pm

As you can see in the picture, my score is 159134. Although I tried my best, I think that is a bit much ^^. I'm not sure though if this bug originates from the Upgrade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:36 pm

I don't believe this has been changed by the XWAU.
You could backup and copy over the original mission and see if that has the same score or not.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:25 pm

That mission surely has bugs, some of them had been discussed here (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11838 ), and some here (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12737 ), but as far as I know this should have nothing to do with them.
The question is: when does the huge increase happen?
Does it happen after destroying ISDII Corrupter?
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:15 am

Ace Antilles wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:36 pm
I don't believe this has been changed by the XWAU.
You could backup and copy over the original mission and see if that has the same score or not.
Not directly, but it's got to have been caused by something changed with XWAU. There is no way you'd ever get that score in vanilla.

Look at the value, 160,000. That's insane! It's ten times what you'd get in the highest scoring missions of vanilla. It's more than double the points total needed across the whole game to reach the max rank of General, which is only 65,000 points.

I don't recall the exact trigger, but I've messed around with added ships in previously empty slots in MXvTED and sometimes been surprised at how high their points value has been. I'm sure it must be something similar. This could be due to a random value getting modified by mistake.

I've not got round to this mission yet, but I'll try and max my score on it when I do and see how high I can get it. I'll try and remember to record too, so we can see when the big jumps were.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Ronin65
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ronin65 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:07 am

Another thought!

It could also have something to do with the Spec.rci

If cmdrkeen looks at the craft in the skirmish craft selection screen and there one or two craft with a really high point value then the Spec.rci maybe the cause

If he deletes his Spec.rci and re-launches the game, the Hook_Opt_Limit.dll with generate a new Spec.rci

Which might solve the problem

Edit - If you try this, be patient, it may take a few minutes for the game to start, the screen remains black for quiet some time, but it will start :)

DuckOfLuck
Recruit

Post by DuckOfLuck » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:05 am

There have been a couple of missions where I've gotten such a ludicrous score and gotten bumped up to General - always when I shoot down a Lambda-class shuttle.