[Help] Black textures and blurred cockpit

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Help] Black textures and blurred cockpit

projectus2501
Recruit

Post by projectus2501 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:45 am

Hello guys,

So, I'm playing B1M4 and something really strange happens. I start the mission and everything is ok, as one of the images demonstrates, (I've disabled the dynamic cockpit on purpose) but when I jump to the first nav point, all the ships lost their textures, as the other image shows.
Also, the cockpit gets completely blurred (that's why I have the dynamic cockpit disabled).

Can someone help me please?

Some info:

I have a "new" installed version of the gog game and the respective xwa2020 installer and patch.
Using a nvidia gtx960m card on a laptop with windows 10 and the latest nvidia drivers
Last thing I remember doing was changing the resolution just to test them (1600x900 to 1980x1024 and vice versa)

Also I saw the warning on the "how to report a bug" post of a similar thread with this problem but it points to a 17 page thread where iI found lots of problems except this one :) So I thought it would be best to create a new one so other players can find this particular info more quickly.

Thank you,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:09 am

Make sure you aren't manually editing files or using XWA Hacker or it will just get confusing to fix.
Check that the game runs in 3d hardware in the game video settings.
Also Mip Mapping is on.

Use Babu Friks Configurator from the Launcher to Customize the Special Effects.
Start by trying Restore the Default Effects and test.
Then Customize the Special Effects as needed and try again.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:03 am

Also try pressing Ctrl+D when this problem occurs (that will toggle the laser lights). If that fixes the problem, then please download the latest Effects Beta from the Downloads section.

projectus2501
Recruit

Post by projectus2501 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:05 pm

Thank you for the reply. But this one has to do with the shading model. After experimenting several configurations I finally found out that using ctrl-alt-o in the game fixed the problem.
I'm sure that the solution is in the SSAO.cfg file. But testing it will not be easy.

Anyway, working at 95% is already a first good step forward :)