YT-2400 (Outrider)

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

YT-2400 (Outrider)

jmarso
Cadet 1st Class

Post by jmarso » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm

Has anyone noticed a problem with this craft that the turrets will not defensive-fire on targets in a mission, and when flown as the player, the turrets cannot be entered or the turrets set to defensive fire from the cockpit?

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:13 am

Most likely because it doesn't have a OutRiderGunner.opt file and it's not defined in it's *.ini file. You could copy from one of the other models on a temporary basis until someone makes a true ....gunner.opt model for the YT-2400. Might take some time to get the orientation/arc numbers correct by experimenting with values in the ship's .ini file.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:01 am

jmarso wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm
Has anyone noticed a problem with this craft that the turrets will not defensive-fire on targets in a mission, and when flown as the player, the turrets cannot be entered or the turrets set to defensive fire from the cockpit?
The gun turret options from the past where purposefully removed by the opt author @DTM for the 2020 release.
Nothing is broken it is working as intended without gun turrets.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

jmarso
Cadet 1st Class

Post by jmarso » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:09 am

That's too bad- it SERIOUSLY nerfs it as an AI craft.

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:20 am

Ace Antilles wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:01 am
jmarso wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm
The gun turret options from the past where purposefully removed by the opt author @DTM for the 2020 release.
Nothing is broken it is working as intended without gun turrets.
This might be something we need to look at more closely, Ace.

Not having turrets you can switch to as the player is one thing, but if the AI version of the ship doesn't fire defensively in missions, that could be a problem.

It might not have anything to do with the turret cockpit opts being removed, might just be an altered setting in the weaponry stats or something.

I'll run some tests when I get chance.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

jmarso
Cadet 1st Class

Post by jmarso » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:52 am

Will T wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:20 am

It might not have anything to do with the turret cockpit opts being removed, might just be an altered setting in the weaponry stats or something.

I'll run some tests when I get chance.
I think it's this. I did a custom .opt of the Hammerhead fighter from SAAB, and gave it a defensive turret that the player could select but not 'enter' and shoot from like the Millenium Falcon. That ship never had turret cockpit opts. Whatever the issue is, it will be in the weapons' settings.