COM Ports

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

COM Ports

Mr. Roboto
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Mr. Roboto » Sun Jul 22, 2001 10:56 pm

I have two COM Ports (or Serial Ports, as some would like to call it), but only one is detected.<P>There is COM1 and COM2, but only COM2 is recognized and it is recognized as COM1.<P>I would like to have COM1 and COM2 detected and be used, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can anyone help?<P>I don't know how to be any clearer. If you would like some more details, I would be glad to provide them.
Why do people point at their wrist when they ask me for the time? Where else am I going to wear a watch?

Defiant
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Defiant » Mon Jul 23, 2001 3:56 am

Check your BIOS settings to make sure both of them are enabled. If that doesn't work, check MS System Information to make sure there aren't any hardware conflicts.

Mr. Roboto
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Mr. Roboto » Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:21 am

I just learned more about my serial ports and I noticed that COM2 is the modem. Unfortunetely, COM2 is not available.<P>It really makes no sense. I go to the BIOS setting and enable COM2. But, COM2 is the modem.<P>Right now, all I know is that I have two COM ports on the back, but only one is working.
Why do people point at their wrist when they ask me for the time? Where else am I going to wear a watch?