X-wing Alliance screen size/GeForce2 confusion

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

X-wing Alliance screen size/GeForce2 confusion

Admiral Andy
XWAU Member

Post by Admiral Andy » Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:38 am

I just got a 64 MB GeForce2 card and the graphics are a helluva lot better then the 8 MB Blade 3D card I had.<P>One thing puzzles me though, the screen size for X-wing Alliance seems to be in a "widescreen" format and I'm not quite sure what the hell gives.<P>Also, strangely enough my system recognizes TWO monitors; on is the Compaq monitor (1), and the second id the Default (2).<P>Not quite sure what the heck is going on because so far, Empire Earth and Return to Castle Wolfenstein seem to work just fine. Image<P>Thanks in advance

[=SF=]Riker
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by [=SF=]Riker » Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:27 pm

Try to set the card to a different vertical frequency... 75Hz or 80Hz or whatever. It could be that your monitor and the card can't synchronize thus making it impossible to adjust the size correctly. You tried to adjust the vertical size via your monitor's controls, did you? <P>And don't be confused by the two monitors... That's the Twin View feature of your card's drivers... Just make sure the right one is selected and it is configured properly.<p>[This message has been edited by [=SF=]Riker (edited 30 December 2001).]

Admiral Andy
XWAU Member

Post by Admiral Andy » Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:40 am

I've tried to adjust the vertical frequency on my monitor, though that doesn't seem to effect it very much. I'll try and see if I can follow your other suggestions. Thanks for the help. Image