OPT standard

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

OPT standard

decoy
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by decoy » Wed Dec 22, 1999 7:04 am

There seems to be some problems with inporting cotum made OPT's. I used MXvTED the last time i wanted to add one, that worked fine for me but there are still alot of people out there who have big problems with it. Should there be a standard for these OPT's????<P>------------------<BR>SOB KNIGHT 1<BR><A HREF="http://swssg.jedicore.net" TARGET=_blank>Star Wars Space Sim Guide</A><P><BR>
DUH...

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Wed Dec 22, 1999 8:18 am

Well, as I see it there already is a standard, NCA! Yepp, sorry Dec, but if you want to make an OPT and want the majority of people to use it you'll have to include it into NCA or something as good as it.<BR>Everything else is pretty useless since it would be a pain in Multiplayer since you never really know who installed which craft on what slot...<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

decoy

Post by decoy » Wed Dec 22, 1999 8:57 am

Yep well that was what i was talking about. NCA is the greatest but since all of us ain't programers there must be a way to get these things in verry easy and there is. The only thing is every opt comes with diverent readme files and stuff. If we could make these all the same and we all could use MXvTED to install them it should be quite easy to do. I will explain you the way you can add a OPT with stats with MXvTED over ICQ later.
DUH...

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Wed Dec 22, 1999 10:14 am

Uhm, I fear you have not fully understood what I meant, I wasn't talking about the way NCA is, but rather NCA!<BR>No matter how good your guide is, or even if you actually make an installer just like NCA, NCA will still be the first place to look for everybody.<BR>See, if you let your craft be placed in spot number 42, and then NCA releases another patch that actually takes this sot, your out!<BR>So, what I am trying to say is this, if you want your opt to be used by the majority, and have it included into some kind of standard, try to get it into NCA.<BR>If not, you'll have to live with the fact that you simply don't have the standard. I know this might sound kinda bad, it's not meant to, and I really think your craft is great, but to be honest, if I install an opt it will be the ones from NCA, because then I can be sure that lot's of people will have the exact same setup as I do.<BR>I can't do a mission with crafts I don't know people have, or are in the same slot, it wont work Image<BR>And in Multiplayer it's the same, use NCA and it can work, use something other and in 95% of all cases it simply wont... sad as it is Image<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project