how to fix???

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

how to fix???

commander paq
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by commander paq » Thu Dec 16, 1999 12:24 pm

how to fix a montor from not going to a small picture when white is on the screen<P>------------------<BR>Yub Yub Commander<BR>commander paq of the EFA<BR>
Yub Yub Commander<BR>commander paq of the EFA<BR>

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Fri Dec 17, 1999 6:29 am

Uhm, could you maybe give me a little more information? I am NOT usre what your problem actually is...<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

commander paq
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by commander paq » Fri Dec 17, 1999 12:45 pm

well the monter picture moves in and out when i look in a window on the desktop, i.e the C drive, the picture grows smaller, small bands of black across the screen<P>------------------<BR>Yub Yub Commander<BR>commander paq of the EFA<BR>

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sat Dec 18, 1999 4:28 am

I know that problem, I have it, too. but it seems to a MUCH smaller extend. (i.e. it just twitches a little and if you don't know it's there you don't even recognise)<P>It sounds like your monitor is broken OR you have some wrong video/monitor drivers installed...<P>Try getting the newest drivers for your video-card and you might even think about getting directX 7. (In case you don't already have...) Besides that a BIOS update would be the last I could think of...<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!

commander paq
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by commander paq » Thu Dec 23, 1999 12:07 pm

i have haD A VOODOO3 3000 VIPER 330, MATROX G200, ATI RAGE PRO, GEFORCE 256 SO IT NOT DRIVERS IT THE MONTOR <P>------------------<BR>Yub Yub Commander<BR>commander paq of the EFA<BR>

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Thu Dec 23, 1999 12:13 pm

Could still be the BIOS, if not...<BR>well, sorry pal, but you'll have to buy yourself a new one. There is no way you can fix it yourself. (Unless you know how to built monitors, that is) I am sorry, I guess I wasn't that much of a help.<BR>Try to get a BIOS update, if that's not it I am beaten Image<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!

commander paq
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by commander paq » Thu Dec 23, 1999 1:31 pm

well i am tring to get £316 for a llyama vison master 410 pro<P>------------------<BR>Yub Yub Commander<BR>commander paq of the EFA<BR>

K_Kinnison
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

Post by K_Kinnison » Thu Dec 23, 1999 9:01 pm

My dad works for a cable company...90% of all his trouble calls are because of the TV's not the Cable
Currently working on an XWA campaign
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

commander paq
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by commander paq » Fri Dec 24, 1999 2:15 pm

well if i have tried 5 veido cards and get the same result that its the montor k <P>------------------<BR>Yub Yub Commander<BR>commander paq of the EFA<BR>

commander paq
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by commander paq » Sat Jan 01, 2000 10:23 am

i got a new montor now trouble over i hope<P>------------------<BR>Yub Yub Commander<BR>commander paq of the EFA<BR>

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sat Jan 01, 2000 1:13 pm

Wish you luck on that one!<P>------------------<BR>A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a master possesses it!<BR><A HREF="http://swguide.cjb.net" TARGET=_blank>The Star Wars Guide to the Galaxy</A><BR>The home of a masters knowlegde!