XWAUP presents: the Super Backdrops patch

This is the XWA Upgrade Forums! In here you'll find some of the most talented 3D modellers and texture guys on the net!

Moderators: K_Kinnison, Darksaber, General_Trageton

Re: XWAUP presents: the Super Backdrops patch

patking13
Recruit

Post by patking13 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 am

This is fantastic!! Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I did the TIE Fighter conversion for XWA and did the most recent version of the DSUCP, so when I try to run the Super Backdrop exe it says that it's already installed, but then when I get in-game it just looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/tkav6H3.jpg

Also another thing I've noticed (though not specifically related to this) is explosions are sometimes cut off, like the texture is too big for the surface so it happens in an awkward square shape. Any suggestions?

Darksaber

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Darksaber » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:09 am

Firstly the TIE Fighter conversion is NOT supported by either the DSUCP or the XWAUCP

Secondly the DSUCPv2.4 and the XWAUCPv1.4 both already have an UPDATED version of the Superbackdrop included with there installation packages, one reason you can not install the outdated individual Superbackdrop.exe.

Thirdly once you've installed the TIE Fighter conversion your overwriting files that have been updated and changed, probably why the explosions are appearing in small boxes, and making your version of XWA likely to crash.

From my understanding the TIE Fighter conversion HAS NOT been updated and is still based on the v2.3 version of the DSUCP

If you want to play the TIE Fighter conversion I suggest you contact the person who put it together and ask them to update it.
Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

patking13
Recruit

Post by patking13 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation.

Cpt. Spaulding
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Cpt. Spaulding » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi, i'm searching for a "city planet"-style planet as a backdrop, for example to create missions over Coruscant (as in Ep. III). I know there is the Episode II shipset from Genral Trageton, in which a raw textured version of this backdrop is included, but I don't want to overwrite my actual XWA-status (with DSUCP 2.5) with this...
But I saw in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F1NppyzFT0 about reshading a very detailed version of this kind of backdrop. Is this kind included in the Super Backdrop patch or is it a separate one? Is there a way to add single and specific backdrops, maybe as an opt or something?

DTM
Lieutenant
XWAU Member

Post by DTM » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:17 am

Yes, it is included in DSUCP and XWAUCP.. Backdrop number 10 in the Allied mission editor. Get a look at page 3 of this topic to have a preview and choose your backdrop ;)

MTD industries
WIPs: Fixing missions and new editing for the REBCP, Resistance Mon Calamari Cruiser, New advanced base OPT files for all playable XWAUP crafts.

Cpt. Spaulding
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Cpt. Spaulding » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Yes, that is the right one! Perfect! Thank you. :)