[Brotherhood of the Sith] Screenshot use permission.

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

[Brotherhood of the Sith] Screenshot use permission.

Lupus
Recruit

Post by Lupus » Sat May 10, 2014 9:57 am

Hello,

Maybe a few words about me first. I'm a huge Star Wars fan since I remember, and XWA made a big portion of my childhood (and eventually gave me huge amounts of scorn towards new "starfighter" SW games features :D ). I've been watching your XWAU work for years and I find it one of the greatest things the Star Wars fandom could meet. This is just beautiful.

I represent a Polish fan organisation Brotherhood of the Sith (https://www.facebook.com/sithowie, http://www.sith.pl), focusing on the Dark Side, as one can easily find out :) As stated in our ENG description, we imitate a non-canon continuation of the Sith Order after the death of the Emperor and Darth Vader (since '99 as I recall). We have our own website with description of the post-Imperial Fleet and because we're launching a far better, new website soon, I think that we may be in a need of having better images than some really old pictures of classic ships like TIE fighter, ISD, etc.

I'm new to this community, but I've already noticed that some users stated as responsible for certain models and thus having copyright to them are no longer active, so I think that I should ask publicly. I request the use of Imperial ships' images from the "Screenshots" section for the sake of Brotherhood of the Sith and our ship database, due to their high quality. Giving credit to original creators of the model is pretty obvious, I think. This is going to be a non-commercial use and I think that your awesome crafts may greatly improve the Fleet's look.

The Brotherhood will be full of gratitude.
Lupus

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon May 12, 2014 6:22 am

Hi there, as long as credit is given you may use the screenshots for your website.
Good luck with the new page!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project