GOG Version & XWAUpgrade // Incompatible since GOG update

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

GOG Version & XWAUpgrade // Incompatible since GOG update

Knecker
Recruit

Post by Knecker » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Dear Developers,

first of all, I bow before your hard and lasting efforts and the phenomenal results.
Unfortunately, I have encountered a serious problem. I recently tried to reinstall XWA (gog version), since the installer has been updated from gog. After that, I installed the XWA-Upgrade, which worked flawlessly. But when I start the game, it loads, shows the intro and then asks for the X-Wing Alliance CD "Failed to detect X-Wing Alliance CD".

Obviously, the new gog update broke the XWA-Upgrade.
:hilfe: :?

With regards,
Julius

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:41 pm

What update? I've just downloaded it again and it's exactly the same versions as I downloaded this time last year version 2.0.0.9

It's exactly the same file size, and the digital signatures are the same 27 ‎January ‎2015 14:16:44

Where you get the idea the GOG installer is different is beyond me

I've just done downloaded setup_sw_xwing_alliance_2.0.0.9.exe again installed it, then installed XWAUCPv1.3, without a hitch, started the game, played the intro in full without a problem, the video finished and it took me to the first mission.

So I'd like to know about this new update you have from GOG, where can I download it because the version I downloaded was from here GOG Star Wars: X-Wing: Alliance

Please provide an address from where you download the updated version please

Also my system is Windows 7 64bit, as the author of both the XWAUCPv1.3 and DSUCPv2.3 installers I haven't tested the installers with any other operating system above Windows 7, so I can't guarantee either of the installers will install correctly, but if there was a problem I'm sure we would have heard more about it other than your post!

One more thing, if GOG where to update there installer, it would show on your account with GOG that it has been updated, I've bought and downloaded 8 LucasArts games from GOG and not one of them is showing that there is an updated available!

Also the last time there was an update for XWA from 2.0.0.8 to 2.0.0.9 there was a notification on the Community forum which is still there and called Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Installer Update The Sequel!

As far as I can see there isn't a problem, sorry!

So from you we need details, screenshots of the error, what are your system specs, windows version? What video card are you using? and so on.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Knecker
Recruit

Post by Knecker » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi Darksaber,

my bad - i didn't play XWA for quite a while, reinstalled it, stumbled across the error, took a quick glimpse in the forum and (my mistake) forgot about 2016. Yes, the last update is from Januar 2015 and we live in January 2016 right now. You may call me moron officially :)

But still the same, there is a problem. I installed XWA 2.0.0.9 gog, starts just fine. After that, I installed XWAUCP 1.3 and boom (see attachment) - no CD in drive error.

I am not the only one, recently encountering that error (see the date).
http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_xwin ... e_cd/page1

Interesting: My systems specs haven't changed since I installed XWA + Upgrade over a year ago. Only one thing is different, I use a newer Geforce Driver in Version 355.60. Game is running with Geforce 650 TI in Win 7 64 bit.

I have businnes travels this weekend, but will take a look into that matter next week. Maybe I come up with a solution myself.
Very odd and strange error.

With regards,
Julius
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Knecker
Recruit

Post by Knecker » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi Darksaber,
you were right. I was unable to finally determine, what caused the error, but the XWA Hacker was able to fix the problem.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xwahacker/

With best regards,
Knecker

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Darksaber wrote:What update? I've just downloaded it again and it's exactly the same versions as I downloaded this time last year version 2.0.0.9

It's exactly the same file size, and the digital signatures are the same 27 ‎January ‎2015 14:16:44

Where you get the idea the GOG installer is different is beyond me

I've just downloaded setup_sw_xwing_alliance_2.0.0.9.exe again installed it, then installed XWAUCPv1.3, without a hitch, started the game, played the intro in full without a problem, the video finished and it took me to the first mission.

So I'd like to know about this new update you have from GOG, where can I download it because the version I downloaded was from here GOG Star Wars: X-Wing: Alliance

Please provide an address from where you download the updated version please

Also my system is Windows 7 64bit, as the author of both the XWAUCPv1.3 and DSUCPv2.3 installers I haven't tested the installers with any other operating system above Windows 7, so I can't guarantee either of the installers will install correctly, but if there was a problem I'm sure we would have heard more about it other than your post!

One more thing, if GOG where to update there installer, it would show on your account with GOG that it has been updated, I've bought and downloaded 8 LucasArts games from GOG and not one of them is showing that there is an updated available!

Also the last time there was an update for XWA from 2.0.0.8 to 2.0.0.9 there was a notification on the Community forum which is still there and called Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Installer Update The Sequel!

As far as I can see there isn't a problem, sorry!

So from you we need details, screenshots of the error, what are your system specs, windows version? What video card are you using? and so on.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station