Pilot Proving Grounds - rings bugged

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Pilot Proving Grounds - rings bugged

fizz
Recruit

Post by fizz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 am

I'm trying to isolate a problem I've had while using XWAUCPv1.4. I installed it with the Steam version of XWA, alongside DTM's Super Backdrops.

I went into the proving grounds and found out I was unable to disable the targeting system on the acceleration rings on the course, they're indestructible. The problem was solved sadly by uninstalling XWAUCP.

This is such a wonderful project that I think for now I'll sadly have to just forgo using the Pilot Proving Grounds. Hopefully this can be patched in the next release. Or can anyone think of something else I can do to troubleshoot this issue on my end?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 pm

First DTM's Super Backdrops in incorporated into XWAUCPv1.4, if you installed the Standalone DTM Super Backdrop installer, then install XWAUCPv1.4 it will detect the standalone version and uninstalls it automatically, the version of DTM Super Backdrop in the XWAUCPv1.4 is newer than the standalone installer.

I don't see how they could be bugged the Proving ground has never been touched, the Accelerator Rings Opts are still the same as they where back in 1999, and there is no way to change the Rings stats as that's hardwired in the exe.

This is the first we've heard about this problem, but I'll check it out asap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

fizz
Recruit

Post by fizz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Thanks for the response.

I ran the 1.4 installer again. Same issue.

I just bought the Steam version because I didn't feel up to working out the 64-bit compatibility error on my original XWA discs. Maybe I'll try that route again and see if my problem is isolated to the Steam version of the game.

Halcyon
Recruit

Post by Halcyon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:32 am

I bought the GOG version, and I have the same issue with rings bugged in proving grounds with XWAUCP 1.4

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 am

Ok figured it out, Just copy, paste and replace the contents of this Rar files to your XWA/Melee folder replacing the 7 *.tie files

C:GogX-Wing AllianceMelee
Melee.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Halcyon
Recruit

Post by Halcyon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks for the fix!

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Did this fix make it into the latest DSUCP release? I was having this issue on the last release.
Image Image Image Image Image

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:04 pm

yes
- John Lydgate