Turbolaser explosions volume

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Turbolaser explosions volume

Halcyon
Recruit

Post by Halcyon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi, I just discovered this mod, which is a stellar mod, but I have one issue with it.
The volume of the explosions from turbolaser beams is deafening. I've turned down the SFX volume to one tick above 0 (lowest possible setting), and they're still so loud I can't ever hear dialogue and have to read the subtitles to know what's going on during combat.

Is there any way to turn down the volume of just these explosion effects by themselves without touching the rest of the sound effects?

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 am

I'm guessing (don't have a working install right now) these use some/all of the "ExplosionSml" wavs in the Wave/Fe_High_Res folder; I did a quick batch process and reduced the volume of the ones I have by 50%, let me know if you need a stronger reduction.

You'll need to go through the fun task of figuring out which ones to replace yourself; please post back with which ones you ended up replacing in case anyone else has a similar problem. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Halcyon
Recruit

Post by Halcyon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks Rich. I'll try that.