TIE Avenger squashed

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

TIE Avenger squashed

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:14 pm

I'd like to thank all the X-wing Alliance Upgrade team for your excellent work upgrading the crafts for the best game ever released.

However, I'd like to ask a question about the TIE/ad starfighter: don't you find the TIE Avenger a little squashed compared to the other TIEs?
I'm looking at "The Stele Chronicles" in particular, where the cockpit module of the TIE Avenger is almost identical to that of the TIE Interceptor, except for those lateral warhead launchers.
I have a feeling the TIE Avenger from XWAU doesn't resemble that TIE/Ad from "The Stele Chronicles".
Is it a different craft?
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:01 pm

We can't stop you posting pointless topics every 5 minutes or resurrecting long dead topics (though that is frowned upon), but if you really want to contribute to this project, first don't treat this forum as you own personnel message board, then learn how to model craft for yourself.

Then you'll have the exact craft you where hoping to find or you've read about, instead of pointing out what is wrong with the craft we have created, everyone is entitled to there own interpretation!!!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm

The TIE Avenger has always been all over the place in terms of its depiction.

Heck, even in the game that introduced them there's no single accurate version.

In this screen of a cutscene it looks like a normal TIE:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sta ... 0706060620

In this it does not:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sta ... 1014163705

Also, keep in mind this is XWA Upgrade. The default TIE Avenger in XWA is just as squashed as the upgraded one.
And if you want my opinion, I prefer it that way. Makes it a bit more unique.