Good "Did it work?" Test?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Good "Did it work?" Test?

Voyager
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Voyager » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:52 pm

So when you're installing new mods, and trying somewhat crazy things, what's you basic "Did it work?" test you all run? At the moment, I'm working my way through trying to get the game set up so I can run all three campaigns (X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance) in full hotas VR, and just stepping through install levels, so I'm wondering what other people do when they're adding in mods?

At the moment, I'm just running quick missions to make sure the main controls work, the game functions, and I can shoot targets, but I'm wondering if there are specific "acid tests" people like to do after every layer of new mods?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:37 am

I think what you're doing is what most of us do to check that things are working properly. AFAIK, the X-Wing total conversion is experimental and the TIE-Fighter conversion is yet to be released, so I wouldn't expect either of those to work perfectly well at the moment.

The full XWA campaign should work (in VR), though, and the team is working towards making fixes to some missions to make them more enjoyable as well.