XWAU 1.6 Newbie Questions

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

XWAU 1.6 Newbie Questions

Mikedora
Recruit

Post by Mikedora » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:18 pm

First off, congrats to all those who have created the 2020 mods for XWA. An old favourite has been brought back to life for me!

But I have two initial questions, based on first tryouts of this “new” sim.

a. How do I get my TrackIR to work with the new mod(s)? I’ve followed all the regular installation procedures, but the sim doesn't seem to recognise TrackIR, and I can’t see where/how to activate it.

b. How do I get rid of the “space dust” (debris?) effects? These are like high-speed raindrops passing the player’s craft. Switching the single-player graphics option “space debris” off/on has no effect.

Grateful for any advice!

Thanks

Mike

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:28 pm

Mikedora wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:18 pm
a. How do I get my TrackIR to work with the new mod(s)? I’ve followed all the regular installation procedures, but the sim doesn't seem to recognise TrackIR, and I can’t see where/how to activate it.
TrackIR should "just work" if you selected that option during the install process. However, you may have to run xwingalliance.exe directly instead of running the game through the launcher. If that doesn't work then check this thread for a workaround:

https://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 33&t=12515
b. How do I get rid of the “space dust” (debris?) effects? These are like high-speed raindrops passing the player’s craft. Switching the single-player graphics option “space debris” off/on has no effect.
In addition to that setting, you have to open SSAO.cfg, and set the following:

enable_speed_shader = 0

Mikedora
Recruit

Post by Mikedora » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 am

Thanks BM,

For the very prompt response. Both issues solved already!

My this has become a very impressive sim, thanks to modders like you.

Mike