Imperial Star Destroyer II Dxf pics - Part 1

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Imperial Star Destroyer II Dxf pics - Part 1

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:33 pm

Ok here's the first installment of the ISD 2 dxf shots.<P> Image <BR>Top View<P> Image <BR>Rear and bottom.<BR>You can see the different engines on this.<P>More pics soon. Nuff said! Image<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Kane
Ensign

Post by Kane » Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:05 pm

Sweet!
I still say it looks like a duck. - Guybrush Threepwood

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:45 pm

Indeed there are differences to the MK1.<P>That's <B>awesome!</B> Great work again! Image<P>------------------<BR>General Vince Trageton<BR>UPMF Supreme Commander<BR><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/twilightskies/coruscant/" TARGET=_blank>The Imperial City Project</A><BR><A HREF="http://gamersparadise.zeonhost.com/TBP/Home.htm" TARGET=_blank>The Blue Phantom</A>
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am

errrg, don't ask, don't ask, <I>When will it be out</I> too late *waits to be smited* I love it!
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Kettch
Ensign

Post by Kettch » Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:17 am

Star Destroyers take years to build, you know. Image
Yub yub!

Weasel
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Weasel » Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:20 am

Gosh that looks good!!<P>got a question though about the ISDs in general.<P>Will you still be able to fly through the hanger and come out at either end or is it going to be closed off inside now ?<P>Just wondering about that..

CoOlDuDe
Lieutenant JG

Post by CoOlDuDe » Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:13 am

Mmmmmmmmm... *licks lips*
ZING! Good riddance. Since I have just changed the e-mail in my profile, I did Forceflow's job and killed my posting. Hope you're happy, I know I am. :)

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:47 am

Excellent job, Matt and whoever, if anyone, helped! :-)<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://ssd_shadowkeeper.tripod.com/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!<p>[This message has been edited by General Edor Crespin (edited 26 February 2002).]
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Wedge327
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Wedge327 » Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:58 am

Tight!!! differences! Not the same model anymore!<P>Awesome job!<P>------------------<BR>Biggs shouldn't have been drinking and flying.
Count it

Voodu
Ensign

Post by Voodu » Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:24 am

Wow, she's sleek as hell Image

Face
Lieutenant JG

Post by Face » Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:51 pm

WHOA!!! Looks AWESOME!<BR>When you release it (i don't want to know when - temporary Image) will you make an ISD pack or will you make two download files??<P>------------------<BR>Commander of Phantom squadron<BR>I've read the Blue Phantom!
Commander of Phantom squadron<P>Pilot of Grandadmiral Thrawns 3.Fleet on ISD I Prodigium

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:03 pm

I always like to have something that good looking on the wrong end of my space bomb salvo. One question, will there be hardpoints for the large turbolaser bolts on the side turrets or will they just shoot from any convenient point?
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Ice Knight
Ensign

Post by Ice Knight » Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:22 pm

awesome!!!

The Shadows
Cadet 1st Class

Post by The Shadows » Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:01 am

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!<P>Just kidding, it´s awesome.

Tigris
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Tigris » Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:42 pm

Geez, he put a seperator in the Hangar!!! Wow! But I have found a major problem with these flythroughs in Caps... Hope they don't turn when you are in them- I regularly crash on the deck when flying through because the commander makes some mad turns or the like...
181th will archive the last outstanding goal... They will be freeing the universe of the plaque called Rebellion.<BR>And I'm proud of being part of the Emperors fist

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:19 pm

I crash when I try to go through an ISD in a Defender going 180. <I>See a sign in the hanger bay that say</I> <B>25 MLGT zone</B><I>Next thing you know something blasts by, running down the sign and exploding against the front wall of the secondary hanger. Thats me! Serves me right. Image</I> Shall I give it another try when this comes out? Maybe it will work a bit better this time. Hope it dosen't end up like the "Research Station Adventure" or the "DSII Runaround." Those were rather funny too. Great job Ace
Corellian Browncoat

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:14 am

I just remembered that I had better point something out.<BR>All these dxf pics were made by <B>Matt</B> and not me. Not surprising really as he has the model and I don't! Image<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:16 pm

Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times already but:<P>Will the MkII be different from the MkI in size or will the differences be cosmetic and in the stats only?
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:46 pm

Well, the real ships (real in the sense of being fiction anyway) are 1606 and 1607 meters for the ISD 1 ans 2 respectively. The main visual difference is the comm array (on the mk1 it is vertical, the ISD II has a flat one) and the 8 turrets on the sides. Other that that, there isn't much difference. Oh ya, the bridge is a little different looking. (the one on this picture is the one for the ISD I, the ISD II has a bridge that is a bubble that sticks out, and the face is different looking. no offense ..Matt? whoever made this model, I love it anyway.) Hope that helps
Corellian Browncoat

GreenLeader0
Ensign

Post by GreenLeader0 » Sat Mar 02, 2002 12:56 am

Wow! That looks Amazing! Great work Matt. You really out did yourself! Can't wait to blow it up!<P>------------------<BR>The darkness is coming...
One can never have to much good wine, beautiful women, and attention.- Talon Karrde, Edge of Victory I: Conquest

Mr. Bonejangles
Ensign

Post by Mr. Bonejangles » Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:02 am

Geez. Wow, thats really really really good!!! Although I don't really see any differences between this one and the ISD 1. Im probably just crazy.
"It may not be a wise man that doesn't learn from his mistakes, but its an absolute idiot that doesn't learn from others'." -Frasier

pimangalaxy
Ensign

Post by pimangalaxy » Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:56 am

i believe the isd2 is a bit bigger and has more squadrons of fighters than the isd1<P>------------------<BR>I'm Confused!<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sag your pants!<BR>I'm Confused!<BR>Be More Mature!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>

Fireball XL5
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Fireball XL5 » Sun Mar 03, 2002 3:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Wes Janson:<BR><B>The main visual difference is the comm array (on the mk1 it is vertical, the ISD II has a flat one) and the 8 turrets on the sides. Other that that, there isn't much difference.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have to disagree here. If you look at some clear shots of the sterns of these two vessels, you'll see that there is actually A LOT of difference between the two.<P>And I'm talking about much more than just the small baffles around the primary enging nozzles... Image<P>
"S.I.G."