A request....

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

A request....

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Sun Oct 21, 2001 3:33 am

I do not necessarily speak for the entire staff when I say this, but I don't doubt they'd agree:<P>After a string of recent mail team members have received, I'd like to please request that people STOP SENDING E-MAIL asking for progress updates.<P>Any progress made by the team WILL be posted on the forums if the team choses that something is ready, and is wanted, to be shown. Some members may want to keep something in the dark as a surprise, so it shouldn't be unreasonable to accept that.<P>If there's something to be announced or show, it WILL be announced or shown, and all your E-mail requests for progress is likely to do is fray some nerves.

Zeta Otaku
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Zeta Otaku » Sun Oct 21, 2001 3:52 am

This should be added to the FAQ and/or forum rules.
Hurt me and I'll cry.<BR>Entertain me and I'll smile.<BR>Piss me off and I'll eat your spleen.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Oct 21, 2001 9:23 am

Here, Here Sax, you wouldn't believe how much crap you get through e-mail
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Oct 21, 2001 3:38 pm

I agree... one of the fun things about this sight is when the XWA team releases opt's,.. <B> on their own terms </B> and <B> not </B> the registered members terms.. (Jeez,.. did I say that? Image ) but seriously, I know new registered members have been showing up lately, and from one- registered member to another,just some freindly advice... please let the <B> XWA Team members </B> make the decisions on releasing opt's... (that's my 2 cents... Image ) <P>Besides, last year we received (5) opt's (RFP) and this years so far we have received <B> (16) </B> opt's , not including the ones from Darksaber's website so beleive me,.. I have no complaints... Image<P>Sincerely, rogue518<P><p>[This message has been edited by rogue518 (edited 21 October 2001).]
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

ACE
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ACE » Sun Oct 21, 2001 8:42 pm

I am not a XWAU member but i agree there should NOT be people sending emails to them asking about progress. they work as hard as they can afterall they have other things to do than play XWA. I want to thank all the XWAU members personly for all your hard work.<BR>also KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. <p>[This message has been edited by ACE (edited 21 October 2001).]

tryjackass
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by tryjackass » Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:43 am

I agree. It's cool to see an update even if it says "nothing new much". It shows that you care, and this whole project for the community is it not?
'Just because you're paranoid don't mean thay're not out to getcha.' -Joe Jackson

Executor32
Galactic Empire

Post by Executor32 » Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:54 am

If the team decides to do that, and they need someone to do it, I volunteer. After all, I have too much free time for my own good. Image<P>------------------<BR>There is no peace, there is anger. <BR>There is no fear, there is power. <BR>There is no death, there is immortality. <BR>There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.<BR>-Dark Side Code<P><A HREF="http://executor32.homestead.com" TARGET=_blank>Executor32's X-Wing Alliance Depot</A>
他人の不幸は蜜の味。
Quamobrem? Quod tui tangis nocturne.

I've heard the aluminum in antiperspirants causes alzheimers,
but I keep forgeting to find out if that is a myth or not. -Havokeff @ SDN

Mini Canari
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Mini Canari » Mon Oct 22, 2001 4:44 am

Gimme an X<BR>YAY<BR>Gimme a W<BR>YAY<BR>Gimme a A<BR>YAY<BR>Gimme A U<BR>XWAU YAAAAAAAAAY<P>Bah im sure i got much more free time than executor Image
Doctor Canari: And i shall call him Mini,Canari.<P>mouhahahahahahaha

Executor32
Galactic Empire

Post by Executor32 » Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:12 am

On weekdays, I have around 9 HOURS of free time! Image Even worse, on weekends I have around 14 hours of free time! My day is pretty much this:<P>MTuWTh<BR>Get up at 7, go to school at 8, go out for lunch at 11, comeback at 11:30, get home at 4, FREE TIME, go to bed at 1.<P>F<BR>Get up at 7, go to school at 8, go out for lunch at 11, comeback at 11:30, get home at 4, go to work for 3-4 hours at either 4:30 or 6, FREE TIME, go to bed at 1.<P>SaSu<BR>Get up at 9, FREE TIME, go to work for 4 hours at either 10 am or 4 pm, FREE TIME, go to bed at 1.<P>If you've got more free time than that, I pity you. Image<P>------------------<BR>There is no peace, there is anger. <BR>There is no fear, there is power. <BR>There is no death, there is immortality. <BR>There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.<BR>-Dark Side Code<P><A HREF="http://executor32.homestead.com" TARGET=_blank>Executor32's X-Wing Alliance Depot</A>
他人の不幸は蜜の味。

Defiant
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Defiant » Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:26 am

Alright, you go on pitying me while I sleep in tomorrow. +)

Executor32
Galactic Empire

Post by Executor32 » Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:34 am

I ENVY you, because I'd rather sleep in than go to school. Image<P>------------------<BR>There is no peace, there is anger. <BR>There is no fear, there is power. <BR>There is no death, there is immortality. <BR>There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.<BR>-Dark Side Code<P><A HREF="http://executor32.homestead.com" TARGET=_blank>Executor32's X-Wing Alliance Depot</A>
他人の不幸は蜜の味。

Mini Canari
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Mini Canari » Mon Oct 22, 2001 3:18 pm

All the time im free im here....and if you dont trust me ask ppl that have me in thier icq con list
Doctor Canari: And i shall call him Mini,Canari.<P>mouhahahahahahaha

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Mon Oct 22, 2001 3:35 pm

Wow, I just checked, I have 600 e-mails concerning matters of the XWAU. And I tell you, there's a lot of crap in there *sigh*<P>------------------<BR>Murphy was an optimist!<BR><B>I</B> am a pessimist!<BR>Webmaster of the <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com" TARGET=_blank>X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project</A>
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

aiel
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by aiel » Tue Oct 23, 2001 7:42 pm

Forceflow, what I would do is just create a seperate email account for XWAU stuff. Every few days, go through and look at the things with a halfway intersting subject or from certain people, then delete the rest. If it's really important someone will probably post it on the forums with a subject of "Hey Force..."

RSF_Raven
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by RSF_Raven » Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:35 am

hehe i wonder how many lurkers that download the opts and send emails are on this site besides the registered members that discuss here

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Wed Oct 24, 2001 3:26 pm

Well ail, I thought about that already, but I figured that this would be too much hassle. I simply read through the stuff quickly. I used to answer all of 'em, but can't do that anymore...<P>------------------<BR>Murphy was an optimist!<BR><B>I</B> am a pessimist!<BR>Webmaster of the <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com" TARGET=_blank>X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project</A>
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

The Shadows
Cadet 1st Class

Post by The Shadows » Thu Oct 25, 2001 1:05 am

Just like fan mail Image