Quick Q about film and XWAU

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Quick Q about film and XWAU

Voodu
Ensign

Post by Voodu » Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:04 am

I don't think this is ever going to effect me, but I'm interested nonethelss. Phoenix's post with the film of the Lulsla brought up an interesting point.<P>Does your film taken with old models work once you install new ones? If you have a film with the old Lulsla in which you target and destroy the warhead launcher, I'm guessing the game's not going to be too happy about loading a Lulsla model without a launcher.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:53 pm

Don't know for sure, but I think it's VERY unlikely that the movies will work properly!<P>------------------<BR>Murphy was an optimist!<BR><B>I</B> am a pessimist!<BR>Webmaster of the <A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com" TARGET=_blank>X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project</A>
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:54 pm

When replaying a film in X-Wing a long, long time ago, I remember a very funny error...<BR>My s-foils didn't open at the beginning, and so I went around pointing at things but not firing. Needless to say I died pretty quickly but the movie kept going.<P>I think that the film room simply runs the mission as normal and substitutes the players input with recorded input. So the movie would almost definately be different, but may still work.<P>I think.<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:36 pm

I just made a film with XWAUP craft and nothing was wrong with it. Everything worked fine..<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:17 pm

He means playing a film that was made with the TG MC40 when you have the XWAU MC40 installed.<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:24 am

Ohhhh.. Sorry! Image<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://ssd_shadowkeeper.tripod.com/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE