I'm new here...

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

I'm new here...

JesseJames
Cadet 1st Class

Post by JesseJames » Fri Oct 26, 2001 8:27 am

but, I wanted to say hello, and how much I've enjoyed just observing the upgrade, nice to see really quality work out of simple love of a game...<P>I'm not skilled at all at editing, though I'd like to be involved... I'm also a bit unclear on just how the patches and things work<P>If anyone here is willing to help a new guy out, I'd be very grateful... I can unzip a Jedi Knight file, but for the life of me, I can't tell how you apply the upgrades and custom missions here to X-Wing: Alliance Image<P>I apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong forum, or I'm asking stupid questions...

Rogue
Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Fri Oct 26, 2001 8:43 am

Welcome to the XWAUP, JesseJames. Image<P>To install the patches, you'll need to download XIS from <a href="http://www.flyingtemple.com/">Defiant's Flying Temple</a>. (Don't worry, it's a small download)<P>Then, double click the XMOD files and they should run XIS and install the files.

ACE
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ACE » Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:19 pm

Welcome! if you need any help with XVT or XWA just ask and you will get a reply in a few hours! Image Image Image Image Image Image

JesseJames
Cadet 1st Class

Post by JesseJames » Fri Oct 26, 2001 8:51 pm

I'd like to thank you guys for the advice, downloading as we speak Image<P>I'd always been told you had to replace files in XWA yourself, and that there was no other way to do it, thanks for clearing that myth up for me!<P>Love the site, and the hard work you guys put into it!<P>Now that I have this all downloaded, are there any suggestions for my first downloaded levels, or upgrades? Just thought I'd ask the folks in the know, and thanks again<p>[This message has been edited by JesseJames (edited 26 October 2001).]

ACE
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ACE » Fri Oct 26, 2001 9:31 pm

i'd say get them all there so amazing!<BR><B><I><u><font size="12">XWAU!</font></u></I></B><p>[This message has been edited by ACE (edited 26 October 2001).]

JesseJames
Cadet 1st Class

Post by JesseJames » Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:58 am

I got the Rebel fighter patch on, and it's awesome though it seemed to slow performance down some, not sure as I didn't have time tonight to put too much time in flying<P>I was wondering does the XIS work for installing custom missions as well? I've yet to play a completely custom level but a lot of them out there seem pretty well written/planned, so I'd like to test the waters on those as well, has anyone done this (I'm assuming you guys play everything that comes down the pike Image<P>I hope the XIS will work with missions too, it simplified everything, I think that's got to be one of the single greatest resources to the Alliance game itself

Defiant
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Defiant » Sat Oct 27, 2001 7:35 am

Thanks for the compliments! It does missions as well, though I'm not aware of any specific examples. =(

ACE
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ACE » Sat Oct 27, 2001 12:37 pm

also JesseJames just incase you didnt know Defiant made the XIS so he knows all about it.<P>ACE (Aaron)

JesseJames
Cadet 1st Class

Post by JesseJames » Sat Oct 27, 2001 9:35 pm

Hey Defiant and Ace, no I didn't know that Defiant had made it specifically, and I really can't thank you enough, cuz there's just slightly better than a snowball's chance in haides of me actually doing it manually Image I really appreciate it, and you helped me more than you'll probably ever know, to enjoy a game I've already enjoyed 100 times more<P>Thanks! And awesome work, wish I had computer skills like yours and everyone making the ships and bases, etc...

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Oct 28, 2001 9:25 pm

Mate, chill, relaxe<P>------------------<BR>Fly Fast,<BR>Shoot Straight,<BR>Live Long!
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.