About VSD

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

About VSD

Berruga
XWAU Member

Post by Berruga » Thu Nov 08, 2001 9:19 am

First of all... Hello everyone! I´m new on posting... Image<P>I tryed to find out any post related to this question but i couldn´t... Image<P>Here the question:<BR>Will be the VSD model modified if VSD appears at Ep.II AOTC? <BR>Becouse i think two VSDs are shown at the internet trailer, landed on the surface of a planet, one with a door opened, and a great army being boarded into, and you can see the bridge of the second one rear the first... Or aren´t VSDs? They were made after or before Clone wars?<P>Just corious... Thank you!<BR>

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 08, 2001 10:59 am

Hi, Welcome to the XWAU!!!<P>Which trailer do you mean, the two I've seen show no VSD-type cap ships. As for editing the VSD model, I'm not a staff member so I am not sure, but it would not surprise me if they did update it. The general info about the VSD says that it is an Old Republic battleship that saw action during the clone wars, so it may be in the film. The Z-95 also dates back to those times, so we may see that as well!!<P>Oh and if you could tell me where this trailer is, I would be most grateful<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!<p>[This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited 08 November 2001).]
End of line...

Berruga
XWAU Member

Post by Berruga » Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:19 am

YUppp more than one teaser trailer?? Where? where? ? Image <BR>IN the teaser trailer called "breathing" it appears just before the kids weared in blue (clones?)... if i remember well. <P>

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Thu Nov 08, 2001 12:54 pm

Those look to me to be precursors to Star Destroyers. Notice that the bridge is too flat, the lack of "shield generators", the engine count etc. BTW, this scene is right after the clone kids scene.
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 08, 2001 5:52 pm

Ah, I remember now. They look to be large troop ships rather than cap ships, but bear no particular resembalance to the ISD or VSD. If they are, then Lucas did a BIG redesign<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

Berruga
XWAU Member

Post by Berruga » Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:21 pm

Yepp maybe they aren´t VSD, but they seemed to have that knife alike that most imperial capital ships have. The only particular differences are that they´re landed, the bridge without the domes and an strange "tail" as an structure extension between the two main engines. As DataDroid said they look to be precursors to Star Destroyers... mmnnn VSDs????? <BR>

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:45 pm

No, VSD's are very similar in design to ISD's, except for the wings. I, too, noticed the knife-shape of these ships, which actually makes some sense, since this will eventually become the Empire.
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Weasel
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Weasel » Fri Nov 09, 2001 1:45 am

There will be no need to change the VSD. Remember the VSD's history. It came out towards the close of the clone wars and saw very little action, if any. <P>Now this from the Offical Star Wars site you will find this most interesting........<BR> <A HREF="http://www.starwars.com/databank/starsh ... r/bts.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.starwars.com/databank/starsh ... ts.html</A> <P>"In the script for A New Hope, the term "Imperial Cruiser" was largely synonymous with Star Destroyer, which is never said aloud until The Empire Strikes Back. In early draft scripts, the term Stardestroyer (as a compound word) described tiny two-man fighter craft used by the Empire. <P>Episode II reveals that the Imperial Star Destroyer's wedge-shaped design was born out of Republic-era vessels, such as those used by the Jedi Knights. "<P>So there ya have it ladies and gentlemen, the classic "wedge" shape design is a very old design...<P>Samuel

RancorClaw
Lieutenant JG

Post by RancorClaw » Fri Nov 09, 2001 4:53 am

Well, if you've read Curtis Saxton's technical commentaries, he shows that the dagger-shape is an extremely good shape for offensive warfare. Just about every gun on the ship can fire forward, and it also has very good broadsides. I highly doubt the shape hadn't been used before in the Star Wars universe, especially sense there's 25,000 years of design to sift through.
Beware the Jabberwock, my son.