Gun Platform Comparison

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Gun Platform Comparison

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:14 pm

Well I'm actually sort of on time for once! Image<BR>Here's some comparison shots of the just released Gun Platform opt by <B>Marcos Edson</B>.<P><B>Old TG Opt</B><BR> Image <P><B>New XWAU Opt!</B><BR> Image <BR>A very small but actually pretty important opt gets the great XWAU treatment!<BR>There's so much extra detail on the hull plating which makes a difference.<P><B>Flightgroup View</B><BR> Image <BR>Marcos actually put a FG texture on it too for a bit of variety.<P>You may find it familiar as it's based on the turrets seen in the Death Star attack.<BR>The cannons themselves are rounded and it actually looks like it will fire up as well.<BR>The hull now looks like it can take the pounding it does.<P>Another great opt. Well done to <B>Marcos</B> who has made this in quite a short time and did some great texture work. Image<P>Go to the screenshots page for more and better pictures.<BR>More comparisons soon. Image<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:27 pm

Sometimes it's just ridiculous how bad the TG OPT's were Image<P>------------------<BR>"Do you pirate software?"<BR>"What's that have to do with anything"<BR>"Everything! Software piracy leads to fines, fines lead to jail, jail leads to suffering!"<P>Member of the <A HREF="http://coruscant.x1.nl/" TARGET=_blank>Imperial City Project</A>
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Hawk9X
Lieutenant

Post by Hawk9X » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:37 pm

Cant wait to see the ISD, R-41, T-wing, and Toscan HEHE!<P>------------------<BR>Whoa whoa whoa wait a second!!! pie?! Drunk!? the?! u got yourself a cherif!<P><BR>Lois i fixed that sink<BR>no u didnt<BR>FINE! i will bet u all my starwars guys that it is except boba fett, no matter how sure i am i never risk the fett man!
BURN IT DOWN AND WALK AWAY!

GreenLeader0
Ensign

Post by GreenLeader0 » Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:12 am

Is there a comparison? No! I love how the XWAU makes TG look bad. I had a few laughs at this one.<P>------------------<BR>The darkness is coming...
One can never have to much good wine, beautiful women, and attention.- Talon Karrde, Edge of Victory I: Conquest

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:15 am

Thanks, Ace, that was fast! An thanks to the others, too! Just in case someone skipped the release notes (shame on you...) Flavid helped with the textures, without his participation it wouldn't look so good due to an annoying blurring effect. Image<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/" TARGET=_blank>SETI</A><BR>"There can be only one..."
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Ham Yoyo
Ensign

Post by Ham Yoyo » Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:17 am

Awesome! The XWAU is great. Keep up the good work.<P>------------------<BR>My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships
My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:55 am

Anybody can do better than TG, really. The X-Wing model was the same in X-Wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. (Although XvT added textures) They re-did it for BoP and then used the same model for the XWA base model.<P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

Tigris
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Tigris » Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:20 am

Well I still think the XWAU's did a great job so far! One question though: Will you redo the Death Star? *ducks&runs4cover*
181th will archive the last outstanding goal... They will be freeing the universe of the plaque called Rebellion.<BR>And I'm proud of being part of the Emperors fist

Face
Lieutenant JG

Post by Face » Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:17 pm

Hi Hi<P>------------------<BR>Commander of Phantom squadron<BR>I've read the Blue Phantom!
Commander of Phantom squadron<P>Pilot of Grandadmiral Thrawns 3.Fleet on ISD I Prodigium

Shadow Reaper
Ensign

Post by Shadow Reaper » Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ace Antilles:<BR><B>Flightgroup View</B><BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Can you change the fightgroup in the normal XWA skrimish editor or only in a mission editor? Just wanted to have a look at the Dreadnaught with the different emblems.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:23 pm

You have to use a mission editor such as AlliED.<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://ssd_shadowkeeper.tripod.com/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Hawk9X
Lieutenant

Post by Hawk9X » Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:03 pm

Can u guys do a comparison of the Rebel and imperial fighters?<P>------------------<BR>Whoa whoa whoa wait a second!!! pie?! Drunk!? the?! u got yourself a cherif!<P><BR>Lois i fixed that sink<BR>no u didnt<BR>FINE! i will bet u all my starwars guys that it is except boba fett, no matter how sure i am i never risk the fett man!
BURN IT DOWN AND WALK AWAY!

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:32 pm

I played a conversion mission last night just to see how things look with the Gun Platforms, Capture INT Compellor (also, the new interdictor is in this one too!) the upgrade face-lift on the opt's are really starting to show now!! Image<P>Sincerely, rogue518<P>
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:01 am

Hawk9X, there's a X-Wing comparison, starting with TIE Fighter and going through the XWAU, in Ace Antilles' forum. View topics from last 100 days or so and you'll see it.<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://ssd_shadowkeeper.tripod.com/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!

pimangalaxy
Ensign

Post by pimangalaxy » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:00 am

ok that is awesome. this whole xwa community is flourishing. i mean this is hard work man (and woman). this is incredible. wish you could view it the way im viewing it now. oh man (and woman) its awesome!<P>------------------<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sag your pants!<BR>I'm Confused!<BR>Be More Mature!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sag your pants!<BR>I'm Confused!<BR>Be More Mature!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>

Ice Knight
Ensign

Post by Ice Knight » Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:59 pm

simply...amazing!<P>------------------<BR>Fear is my ally!

docken
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by docken » Wed Mar 06, 2002 5:05 am

Damn, it is small, but it is sweet!!!!!<P>If the rest of the Cap ships are as consistent as the other xwaupgrade stuff has been (case in point right here), I will be playing XWA for a long time to come!
I steadied my nerves as the butt burned down, casually glancing at all the windows. Oh yes. It was time to go Metal Gear Solid Freestyle.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:36 pm

rogue518, where did you get the converted mission? Could you maybe send it to me?<BR>About the Gun Platform, "Still, if you have to die in a box in space, this looks as good as any in which to do it" -Booster Terrik, Bacta War
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Ice Knight
Ensign

Post by Ice Knight » Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:10 pm

hey...docken...let's watch the language. there's children around. j/k Image<P>------------------<BR>Fear is my ally!

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:38 pm

Sh*t thats good! I love the flight group colors Image Now with that and the family base IRD and rebel fighters the mission where you recapture your home will be really fun! Then you add the preybird adn cloakshape in the mix when there done and that will be a very nice looking mission!
Now We've rewritten history.<BR>The one thing that we found out.<BR>The sweet taste of vindication.<BR>Just turns to ashes in your mouth.<P>Where do we go from here?<BR>And should we really care?<BR>The end is finally here,<BR>God have mercy...

ACEJim
Lieutenant

Post by ACEJim » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:46 pm

Thats a brilliant Opt... but don't rubbish TGs work - they had 300Mhz machines in mind when they built XWA not the 1800Mhz monsters we have now.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:24 pm

I have a 333Mhz and the XWAU works just fine for me. If this is how good the gun platform looks, I want to see the Golan Stations!
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun Mar 10, 2002 6:18 pm

Major Janson, you can convert XW, TF, XvT, and BoP missions to XWA with AlliED. <A HREF="http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/troyd/" TARGET=_blank>http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/troyd/</A> $10 for registration but unregistered might be able to do it.<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://ssd_shadowkeeper.tripod.com/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Mar 10, 2002 9:17 pm

Thanks, I have AlliED, but i didn't know it could convert the old missions to new ones. I'll try it later.
Corellian Browncoat

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:07 pm

Sorry Major Wes Jason, didn't realized you asked me a question, with the registered version I know you can convert XW,T/F, XvT/Bop to use the XWA engine.<P>But one thing I can't do is send converted missions from other games (XW,T/F etc..) to people, not being rude or anything like that, more of a rule, an XWA community rule, sort-of-speak.. sorry.<P>Sincerely, rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'