Imperial Star Destroyer I Dxf pics - Part 3

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Imperial Star Destroyer I Dxf pics - Part 3

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:05 pm

Ok here's the final preview pics of the ISD mark I dxf.<P> Image <BR>The Bridge tower.<P> Image <BR>The engines close up.<P> Image <BR>Comparison of the ISD I and showing the tower variation. Image<P><B>DON'T</B> ask when it's coming out! It's still in development. Be patient please. Blah blah blah Image<P>There will be more pictures to come soon. Image<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.<p>[This message has been edited by Ace Antilles (edited 14 February 2002).]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:45 pm

Actually, both are ImpStar Aces. The only difference is that one has the ANH-style vertical antenna, the other the ESB-style flat one (The ISD-Is in ESB all switched to the lowered antenna).

Sienar
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Sienar » Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:49 pm

Great!<P>Just one question, whats with the different bridge module.<BR>I never really noticed it was different, is there a sourcebook or a picture that it came from.<BR>Infact, if anybody has an in movie screenshot...<P>...whatever. Just curious.<P>------------------<BR>SFS<BR>We sell arms to Emperor Palpatine.<BR>We thought he had a nice smile.
SFS<BR>We sell arms to Emperor Palpatine.<BR>We thought he had a nice smile.

Igma
Rebel Alliance

Post by Igma » Wed Feb 13, 2002 11:00 pm

I heared that the module of the ISD I is a tractorbeam... Is that true?<P>------------------<BR>Click <A HREF="http://www.besonic.com/BassForm" TARGET=_blank>here</A> to go there...<BR>~BF~

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Feb 13, 2002 11:09 pm

I believe that the tractor beam is just a theory put forth by Dr. Saxton.<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Admiral Jimmy
Recruit

Post by Admiral Jimmy » Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:11 am

I've seen that particular device labeled as two different things. It's either<BR>A): Tractor Beam TARGETING Array<BR>B): Communications Array<P>I'd go look it up in Essential Guide to Vehicles, Technical Journal, or Cross-sections, but it's late and I'm lazy. :P<P>Also, WHERE'S THE GARBAGE DUMP?? Right in the back, the little hatch is missing. Maybe it will be in the texture, could you clear that up for me? Thanky! Image<P>------------------<BR>Admiral Jimmy<P>CCV Vanguard
Admiral Jimmy<P>CCV Vanguard

Admiral Jimmy
Recruit

Post by Admiral Jimmy » Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:13 am

Oh, right, the model looks kickass Antilles! Please release more pics! (wisely chooses not to ask when the Xmod is coming out) Image
Admiral Jimmy<P>CCV Vanguard

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:18 am

The model on the left has the communications array as shown in ANH. However there are ISD-Is seen in ESB and (I think) RotJ which have the FLAT antenna as on the ISD-II (intristicly, this suggests a refit). Last I heard anything about it, both versions of the ISD-I were going to be released (if Matt changed his mind I've not heard).<P>The ISD-II has slightly more significant differences, particularly the command tower face and the heavy broadside turrets flanking the command tower, as well as some other details.

Mr. Bonejangles
Ensign

Post by Mr. Bonejangles » Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:42 am

Are the ISD's you are working on larger than the ones done by TG? I always thought they were too small. <P>Also, on another note, were ISD-2's completely different models or were they upgraded versions of the original ISD's
"It may not be a wise man that doesn't learn from his mistakes, but its an absolute idiot that doesn't learn from others'." -Frasier

Matt
XWAU Member

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:18 am

The ISDs will be smaller than the TG ones. TG made theirs too long (2km as opposed to 1.6km).<P>There will be two variants of the ISD-I. Both are seen above, and both will be released, probably in the same XMOD. Probably will be able to install just one of the two, but not both at once.<P>The only change should be the antenna, which won't take long to do. It will be an "Antenna" mesh. I might add some more lights to the brim trench textures. ESB shows an ISD-I lit up well in that area, but the ANH one didn't have much in the way of windows.<P>Since the ISD-II will take a while to do, you'll have the option of using the second one as a temporary ISD-II. Image<P>Garbage dumps will be textured. However, despite being well into the texturing stage, I'm still tinkering with the model. Image<P>The ISD-II is supposedly just an upgrade to the ISD-I. But if the studio models are to be believed; IMO, the changes are significant enough to make it an entirely different class of ship. You will see some of the differences once Ace posts some of the ISD-II pics.

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Thu Feb 14, 2002 7:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ace Antilles:<BR><B>DON'T</B> ask when it's coming out! It's still in development. Be patient please. Blah blah blah Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You show us THAT and then ask us to be patient?!?!?! You Sadist!!!<P>But great work, I can't wait.<P><P>------------------<BR>Star Trekkin' across the universe, <BR>Only goin' forward because we can't find reverse!!
End of line...

darthVADER
Cadet 4th Class

Post by darthVADER » Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:25 am

wow this is the bst model of a star destroyer i have ever seen <BR>(it is the only i have ever seen)<BR>this is much better than the original <BR>i hope it wil be out soon =]
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:57 am

AHH! You asked! Image<P>Anyway, well done, Matt! They look beautiful!<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/ssd_shadowkeeper/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Sienar
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Sienar » Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:52 pm

Are the shield generators destroyable? <BR>It seems that game balance (partically the level where you destroy the Executors shields) really demands that they are.
SFS<BR>We sell arms to Emperor Palpatine.<BR>We thought he had a nice smile.

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:54 pm

I can't wait to get my hands on those, I'll die a happy man if I can just fly past those ships! Image Image Image<P>------------------<BR>Douglas "dugg" Hilliard<BR>Futurama Fan-Artist<P> <A HREF="http://www.scanartcentral.com" TARGET=_blank>www.scanartcentral.com</A>
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt:<BR><B>There will be two variants of the ISD-I. Both are seen above, and both will be released, probably in the same XMOD. Probably will be able to install just one of the two, but not both at once.<P>However, despite being well into the texturing stage, I'm still tinkering with the model. Image<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've corrected my bad. Sorry about that. Image<BR>Matt the model's fine, stop tinkering and texture it! Image<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt:<BR><B>You will see some of the differences once Ace posts some of the ISD-II pics.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, yes you will. But when will that be?? hah hah hah (evil laugh) Image Image<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:39 pm

I'm curious, will you have it so that the antennae are FG's? i.e. have one FG be 100% transparent when the other one is textured and vice versa?
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

The Shadows
Cadet 1st Class

Post by The Shadows » Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:35 am

DON´T stop tinkering it. Despite the fact that the model does look great, if you think you can do it better go for it. The engines are great, but the body is a little plain or maybe its the lack of textures. Anyway, I just wanted to give some honest feedback, that IS what the forum is for isn´t it?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:06 am

Geeeze! You guys ....<P>Well, I love it, as I did from the first moment on!<P>------------------<BR>General Vince Trageton<BR>UPMF Supreme Commander<BR><A HREF="http://www.freewebz.com/twilightskies/coruscant/" TARGET=_blank>The Imperial City Project</A><BR><A HREF="http://gamersparadise.zeonhost.com/TBP/Home.htm" TARGET=_blank>The Blue Phantom</A>
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Ice Knight
Ensign

Post by Ice Knight » Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:39 pm

Sweet Cherry!

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Sat Feb 16, 2002 1:54 am

Why would we not be able to have both at once in-game? There are two slots for the ISD's, and the VSD's I think. Therefore it should be possible to install both to their respective slots. Correct me if I'm wrong Image<P>------------------<BR>When 900 years you reach, look as good you will not, hmm? :)
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Matt
XWAU Member

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 16, 2002 4:20 am

Well, I stand corrected. Said one thing, and then said another in the same post. Image<P>Installer will:<BR>A) Install ANH ISD-I to ISD-I slot<BR>B) Install ESB ISD-I to ISD-I slot<BR>C) Install ESB ISD-I to ISD-II slot<P>C will be removed once the ISD-II is released.<P>You can of course still modify the game manually to add the ESB ISD-I to another slot. Or choose both A and B and see what happens. Image