Interdictor Cruiser.

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Interdictor Cruiser.

Morfeo
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morfeo » Sun Feb 17, 2002 10:55 am

Hello there XWAUP!<P>MAYOR improvement over the original! Big time talents with those textures from everyone involved on this OPT. The ship has many graphical details here and there, some of them which you have to look for to find them. I agree with it's new darker looks, makes it look better because it's windows and other lights stand out. Nice to see them from a distance. This is so true when speaking of the hangar when you see it from afar. Makes sense, when you enter the hangar everything turns brighter to take into acount it's lights. I also noticed it's floor textures, as if trying to create animated arrows or something, to guide in the ships :-). I think there's more room for creativity on ships like this one because the originals looked rather plain. Think SSD, which is the same one from XvT:BoP. Some of the original stations on the other hand, look much better, and so are harder to updgrade.<P>Designed wise, the entire brige section was the biggest improvement of all. I like it. But the entire ship design looks exellent.<P>The Interdictor can knock torpedoes like it did before, unlike the Lusla which where some diferences. I think I noticed a peculiar behavior in the way the Interdictor uses its diferent types of cannons, but I need more time. Dosen't look like anything significant. However, like the Lusla, you can't target her guns!<P>I remember long ago that there was some debate about weather or not to make sub-components assigned to cannons. Am guessing, this feature was regarded as unimportant? When you destroy her engines I noticed they only lose their engine glow.<P>Overall, KILLER OPT! Makes me a bit intimidated on how a SD is going to look like, LOL!<P>-Morfeo-
Morfeo