Some good things to say........

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Some good things to say........

Sithxace
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Sithxace » Sun Oct 28, 2001 1:44 am

i am happy with your progress. Im a fan of another group for jk MOTS called SWTTC. They after 3 years havnt released a level yet. So compared to them you guys have progressed a lot. <P>Keep it up
Sithxace

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Sun Oct 28, 2001 7:24 am

Hey yeah I remember SWTTC. They looked good. I remember they were under Outpost D-34 and they were on the verge of launching their first level when D-34 changed server or went down (or both) and I haven't seen them since. Are they back up? Image<P>I'd also like to say that the models made here in the XWAU are among the best I've seen anywhere, not just in Star Wars. Having to wait a while for them, is to me, a very small price to make. I understand completely when you say it will be delayed or will still be a long way off. I was a little dissapointed at first when DS and Decoy took a hiatus (sp?) just when it seemed the ITP could be released, but hey, I'm not the one who has to do all the work.<P>I'm sorry if I've sounded bad there. Image
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Oct 28, 2001 10:09 am

Oh, sithxace, while the other SWTTC members aren't here, do you think they ever release anything? I don't wanna sound like GA_Zaarinn, but slowly I understand everyone asking for updates ... Image<P>------------------<BR>General Vince Trageton<BR>Commander of Phantom-Squadron<BR>Briceran starfighter corps<BR>United Planets<BR>Owner/barkeeper of the BLUE PHANTOM<BR>Vince.T@web.de
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Sithxace
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Sithxace » Sun Oct 28, 2001 3:07 pm

yeah its back up, and they are saying there gonna release the 1st level very soon for the last 3 months. the address is<BR>outpostd34.gamestats.com/swttc<BR>
Sithxace

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Oct 28, 2001 11:00 pm

I know the link, I have it bookmarked. And I check out the forum daily hoping to find something I haven't seen for the last three months Image<P>------------------<BR>General Vince Trageton<BR>Commander of Phantom-Squadron<BR>Briceran starfighter corps<BR>United Planets<BR>Owner/barkeeper of the BLUE PHANTOM<BR>Vince.T@web.de
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

tryjackass
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by tryjackass » Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:25 am

Yeah don't you love that? "We'll be releasing the new [level/mod/TC] very soon, possibly tonight, so STAY TUNED," says an update made months ago. I say, "Deliver me from short-lived mod clubs!" You guys here at XWAU are f***ing cool. I do disagree with dugg, though. There is a guy called 'moonraker' at Klingonacademy.com who has been working on some excellent star trek ships. Unfortunately, he hasn't been heard from in a while.... Image .<P>So I'm Science-fictionally ambidexterous! Sue me! Image
'Just because you're paranoid don't mean thay're not out to getcha.' -Joe Jackson

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tryjackass:<BR><B>I do disagree with dugg, though. There is a guy called 'moonraker' at Klingonacademy.com who has been working on some excellent star trek ships. Unfortunately, he hasn't been heard from in a while.... Image .<P>So I'm Science-fictionally ambidexterous! Sue me! Image</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh yes, you're right, there must be some very talented guys out there besides XWAU. But I've never been to Klingonacademy.com, I wouldn't know. It was a bit obnoxious of me to say that, my knowledge of mods don't expand much further than XWAU I'm affraid Image<P><p>[This message has been edited by dugg (edited 02 November 2001).]
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

Zoom
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Zoom » Sat Nov 03, 2001 8:19 pm

Moonraker tends to switch back and forth between KA and Starfleet Command (SFC) as the mood takes him. He and certain others (Rick "pneumonic81" Knox, WickedZombie45, Atrahasis, etc) are the Darksabers of that community. Image<P>You can see more samples of their work, and maybe even beg for their assistance, in the "Starfleet Command Models" section of the forums run by Taldren, the developers of SFC (who split off from Interplay in much the same way that Totally Games used to be LucasArts):<P> <A HREF="http://216.203.248.212/cgi/ubb/Ultimate ... tion=intro" TARGET=_blank>http://216.203.248.212/cgi/ubb/Ultimate ... n=intro</A> <P>Read some of the showcase posts there and be amazed. Image<P>