Interdictor comparison pictures!

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Interdictor comparison pictures!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:43 am

Here's some of my own comparsion shots of the newly completed opt by <B>Flavid</B>.<BR>Look at the first pic to see just how much extra detail he put into the textures!<BR>This is part of the TG problem, there isn't enough detail on some starships.<P><B>Old TG Opt and New XWAU Opt!</B><BR> Image <BR>The antenna have been added and the two lonely turrets have been removed from the front.<P><B>Side View</B><BR> Image <BR>Flavid spent a lot of time getting the trench texures looking perfect. Image<P><B>DXF comparison</B><BR> Image <BR>A great way of seeing all the added detail.<P><B>Top View</B><BR> Image <BR>The bridge is very nicely made now.<P>Too many pictures so please PTO! Image<p>[This message has been edited by Ace Antilles (edited 01 March 2002).]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:43 am

<BR><B>Hangar View</B><BR> Image <BR>The hangar textures give an impression of extra space. Flavid also worked with Matt to try to match the future ISD's too.<P><B>Rear View</B><BR> Image <BR>Far more impressive engines now!<P><B>Front View</B><BR> Image <BR>The Mobquet Transport shows the size well.<P>I love this opt so much I'm going to look for the TG missions with it in, just to blow it up again!<P>Well done to <B>Flavid</B> who has improved his Opt work 200% over the last few months. His textures will very soon rival Decoys! Image<P>Go to the screenshots page for more and better pictures.<BR>More comparisons soon. Image)<P>------------------<BR><I>Going in Full Throttle!</I><BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>The X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:32 am

I knew it was good, really good, but this confirms it even more. Image<P>Again, well done, Flavid!<P>------------------<BR>"Life? You have a life? Wow! Can I have one?"<P>Visit my site, the <I><A HREF="http://ssd_shadowkeeper.tripod.com/" TARGET=_blank>SSD Shadowkeeper</A></I>!<BR>AIM me @ <B>MIDI Master Jade</B>!
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:35 am

Holy cow!! I didn't remember it being that bad it had practically no texturing at all!! Good work Flavid!!!<P>------------------<BR>"Do you pirate software?"<BR>"What's that have to do with anything"<BR>"Everything! Software piracy leads to fines, fines lead to jail, jail leads to suffering!"<P>Member of the <A HREF="http://coruscant.x1.nl/" TARGET=_blank>Imperial City Project</A>
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Fire_Spy
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fire_Spy » Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:13 am

I can remember thinking when XWA came out that the models in it were perfect!!<P>Wow was I wrong!. These models that you guys are putting out just get better and better.<P>Cant wait for the ISD's to start rolling off the production line! Keep it up fellas.<BR> Image<P>------------------<BR>"Legend has it the Earth was created in six days and now watch out! here comes genesis, We'll do it for you in six minutes!"<BR>"Really doctor you must learn to govern your passions. They will be your undoing"-Spock and Dr McCoy STII<P><p>[This message has been edited by Fire_Spy (edited 01 March 2002).]
"Legend has it the Earth was created in six days and now watch out! here comes genesis, We'll do it for you in six minutes!"<BR>"Really doctor you must learn to govern your passions. They will be your undoing"-Spock and Dr McCoy STII

pimangalaxy
Ensign

Post by pimangalaxy » Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:40 am

xwau is fortunate to have ppl like flavid and antilles!<P>------------------<BR>I'm Confused!<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sag your pants!<BR>I'm Confused!<BR>Be More Mature!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:46 am

*drooling*
Now We've rewritten history.<BR>The one thing that we found out.<BR>The sweet taste of vindication.<BR>Just turns to ashes in your mouth.<P>Where do we go from here?<BR>And should we really care?<BR>The end is finally here,<BR>God have mercy...

Flavid
XWAU Member

Post by Flavid » Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:06 am

Thanks Ace, and everybody else as well. Some nice points of intrest, check out the very front window in the trench plus the triangular windows I tried to stick allover the bridge.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:06 pm

Yep, and the hangar is another point of interest. Image
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Face
Lieutenant JG

Post by Face » Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:25 pm

Image It is unbelivable Image<BR>Your best work, Flavid!!!<P>------------------<BR>Commander of Phantom squadron<BR>I've read the Blue Phantom!
Commander of Phantom squadron<P>Pilot of Grandadmiral Thrawns 3.Fleet on ISD I Prodigium

TK-204
Lieutenant

Post by TK-204 » Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:13 pm

Damn that DXF looks so good, it almost looks like NURBS!!! Outstanding work Flavid!!<P>------------------<BR>Project Leader, modeller, website hosting & maintenance of<BR><A HREF="http://users.keyaccess.nl/~veldw09" TARGET=_blank>TK-204's Modelling & Movie Palace</A><P>Member of the <A HREF="http://coruscant.x1.nl" TARGET=_blank>Imperial City Project</A><P>Ubersoldat
<I>Så ska de ne genast stekas<BR>Som de en gång stekte oss<BR>De ska saltas de ska kokas<BR>Köttet skall flanga från benen loss!</I>

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:40 pm

This is an awsome opt and was a much needed improvement to XWA.
This is just my two cents.

Ice Knight
Ensign

Post by Ice Knight » Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:36 pm

SWEET CHERRY!!!<P>------------------<BR>Fear is my ally!

The Shadows
Cadet 1st Class

Post by The Shadows » Sat Mar 02, 2002 1:44 am

I new flavids interdictor was great, but the original xwa opt is THAT BAD!?!<BR>The difference is unbelievable.

pimangalaxy
Ensign

Post by pimangalaxy » Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:54 am

btw, the textures are fantastic flavid, and the models been improved greatly as well<P>------------------<BR>I'm Confused!<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sag your pants!<BR>I'm Confused!<BR>Be More Mature!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/pimangalaxy" TARGET=_blank>DemonLair Official Website</A>

Ham Yoyo
Ensign

Post by Ham Yoyo » Sat Mar 02, 2002 7:54 am

Great job! Very cool indeed.<P>------------------<BR>My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships
My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships

Atx
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atx » Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:08 pm

::::Cues music from Berlin off of Top Gun Soundtrack:::<BR><I>Takes my breath away!</I><BR>That's pretty much the reason what brought me back and trying my hand into opting and such...can't find a better one than that.<BR>Talent like all of you needs a round of applause!<BR>:::Stands up clapping:::
The Navbuoy is closed...long live the XWAU!!!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:14 pm

:::Cheers and stands to applaud also::: <BR>I can't wait for the ISD, the Assault Frigate, or the Gunship. Can't we get a few more pics of the Gunship and Assault Frigate<I>*Preferably the actual things*</I> <P>------------------<BR>If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost!<BR>(Anything in parentheses can be ignored)<BR>Where patience fails, force prevails<BR>All hail Finagle and his prophet Murphy!
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Ice Knight
Ensign

Post by Ice Knight » Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:29 pm

Image<P>------------------<BR>Fear is my ally!