Question re: Rebel ship OPT pack

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Question re: Rebel ship OPT pack

9LOM
Cadet 4th Class

Post by 9LOM » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:47 pm

First, let me say that I think the Rebel ship opt is the coolest thing I've ever seen for XWA. I love the X-wing model - it looks really, really awesome.<P>However, I don't really like the new cockpits. Aside from obscuring half the screen (yes, I read the FAQ, and I understand why this was done), the B-wing appears buggy. It's a little hard to explain.<P>Well, I like the ship exterior models, but is there any way to "turn off" the replacement cockpit models while keeping the exterior models?
<B>LtCol 9-LOM "Syntax"</B><BR>Corsair Squadron Commanding Officer<BR><A HREF="http://www.bhorizon.com/renegade/1024.html" TARGET=_blank>CRS Liberty</A>

jedisponge
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by jedisponge » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:50 pm

go to darksaber's site; there are updated models.

9LOM
Cadet 4th Class

Post by 9LOM » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:17 am

Okay... so I'd get his models, use the Flying Temple program to UNinstall the OPTs I got from this website, and then REinstall his models? And that'll keep my old cockpits, while using the new models?
<B>LtCol 9-LOM "Syntax"</B><BR>Corsair Squadron Commanding Officer<BR><A HREF="http://www.bhorizon.com/renegade/1024.html" TARGET=_blank>CRS Liberty</A>

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:26 am

Just install them on top of the regular XWAU OPTs. And no, you'll have to reinstall the cockpits manually with MXvTED or BHE(or at least i did. Not sure about it.)
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:50 am

Hi guy,<P>It is really quite simple. Install the new Opts and then use your Windows explorer to go to the Flightmodel folder of your CD. <P>Simple find the cockpit Opt you are looking for, eg. XWINGCOCKPIT.OPT.<P>Simple paste it to the Flightmodel folder of the game. C:\Program Files\LucasArts\XWingAlliance\FLIGHTMODELS<P>You will be asked if you want to replace a big file with a smaller one. Say yes.<P>That's it. I've been doing this since the Reble fighter patch first came out. It works!<P>Have fun,<P>TC: Knight of the Old Code<P><I>You worry abou those fighters, I'll worry about the tower!</I> :eek:

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:55 am

Maybe so, but the POV will have changed
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

manofStele
Ensign

Post by manofStele » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:34 am

I just press the "." key when I launch from the hangar. Takes care of things for the duration of the mission. Real difficult. :roll:
"Wow... Stele, you're my hero!" -Defiant
manofstele@yahoo.com

9LOM
Cadet 4th Class

Post by 9LOM » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by manofStele:<BR><STRONG>I just press the "." key when I launch from the hangar. Takes care of things for the duration of the mission. Real difficult. :roll:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've been doing that ever since I installed the replacement cockpits and realized they obscured half my vision. However, all I wanted was the old ones back.<P>Thanks for the condescending post all the same though. :roll: